This position is responsible for expanding the Foundation’s fundraising capacity and awareness through planning and implementation of local special events. The incumbent is expected to build and maintain relationships with event stakeholders, manage event volunteers and committees, and manage event logistics.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Arthritis Foundation, Upper Midwest Region seeks applicants for a Community Development Specialist. Responsibilities include: 1) Organize and manage local special event planning; 2) Ensure seamless execution of event logistics; 3) Manage event volunteer, committee and intern staffing, recruitment, supervision and training; 4) Assist with development projects to expand the Foundation’s fundraising capacity; and 5) Tactfully and professionally serve as a representative of the Foundation with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications or business management or equivalent experience.
- One or more years of experience coordinating fundraising events or equivalent experience.
- Six months or more experience supervising volunteers, interns or staff.
- Proven success in sales and marketing, fundraising, corporate solicitation or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to engage and inspire diverse audiences and speak effectively in public forums.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent organizational skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical ability to lift and load heavy supplies for transport to and from special events, up to 50 pounds.
- Availability to travel and attend events outside normal business hours.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Professionalism, confidentiality and enthusiasm for developing strong community relationships.
- Event planning/management certificate or equivalent experience.
- Three or more years of experience coordinating fundraising events or equivalent experience.
- One or more years of experience supervising event volunteers, interns or staff.
- Experience with CRM/fundraising software such as Raiser’s Edge.
- Experience managing project budgets and monitoring expenditures.
- Familiar with the processes, procedures and mission of the Arthritis Foundation, Upper Midwest Region.
Anyone interested in applying for this position should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "Community Development Specialist - WI" as the subject.
Arthritis Foundation - 22 months ago