Reporting directly to the Extended Campus dean, and working collaboratively with the Corporate Education Manager and ground campus personnel, this position will develop, implement and coordinate activities related to the delivery of quality non-credit community education programs and courses at all campuses across the college. In this effort, the position will work closely with campus deans and academic chairs to assure the maximum efficiency of community education offerings and related management.
This position is responsible for establishing a regular schedule of community education courses and oversees, recruits, hires, supervises and evaluates non-credit facilitators. In coordination with the college's public information office, the position shares responsibility for marketing efforts, including serving as spokesperson to outside organizations and groups to promote the community and corporate education programs.
The position manages financial aspects (and contracts) of the program and demonstrates strong verbal and written communications skills, and supervises part-time employees, including community education course facilitators.
This position is an exempt position and may work non-traditional hours.
1. Serve as manager of non-credit programs and classes college-wide, assuring that facilitators are hired and paid, and that materials and facility matters (including appropriate technology) are addressed.
2. Work with appropriate departments, including administrative computing, registration, human resources, marketing, the call center, campus deans and their staff, and other extended campus staff to build a streamlined process to get from inspiration to community education course enrollment to evaluation.
3. Develop and maintain a community education process manual that reflects the process described above.
4. Build and maintain relationships with outside entities such as local parks and recreation departments, senior centers, etc., to identify areas of curriculum best suited for the college, and to avoid duplication of effort.
5. In collaboration and conjunction with the corporate education manager, provide training and resources for non-credit facilitators.
6. Participate in community events such as county and city fairs, education fairs, home and garden shows, special seasonal events, etc., to promote the community education and other college programs.
7. Independently travel within the southern service area to promote programs and oversee community education events.
8. Adhere to college, federal and state administrative procedures, guidelines, initiatives and directives to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations affecting college operations.
9. Perform other tasks of a similar nature or level as assigned.
*Bachelor's degree and three (3) years related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job as listed. Management and teaching experience desired.
* Minimum of two years' experience in developing non-credit educational programs and services (using data-driven decision making)
In addition to completing the electronic application, applicants must attach a cover letter of interest and copies of transcripts. Transcripts may also be mailed or faxed, the job number indicated in the job posting MUST be on the fax cover sheet or on the transcripts to ensure they are matched to your application.
Mohave Community College
1971 Jagerson Avenue
Kingman, AZ 86409
Mohave Community College - 15 months ago