Community Financial Center Manager
Responsible for the daily operations of the Community Financial Center and to ensure quality member service while maintaining a professional, friendly, and team atmosphere. Supervise, motivate and develop all Community Financial Center employees to achieve the credit union's philosophy, strategic plan and goals.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Under the direction of the Regional AVP of Community Financial Center, the Community Financial Center Manager has the responsibility to perform the following essential functions:
- Responsible for achieving financial, sales and service goals as determined by the Credit Union's strategic plan through the management of Community Financial Center staff. Establish individual and team goals that are in alignment with a sales and service culture.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Community Financial Center staff follows internal audit, prevention of fraud and loss, compliance, security measures and operational policies and procedures.
- Set example of professional behavior in keeping with credit union value statement.
- Responsible for managing Community Financial Center expenses, overtime and staying at or under budget
- Responsible for coaching, training and measuring employee performance. Prepare annual evaluations that accurately measure employee performance and provide direction for their future growth and development.
- Ensure staff provides quality member service by identifying and recommending products and services that meet the member's needs and financial objectives
- Partner with community organizations to establish and maintain relationships that will enhance the growth and recognition of the credit union and coordinate local marketing initiatives using internal/external resources.
- Responsible for conducting staff meetings that inspire communication, teamwork and direction to employees consistent with the credit union mission and vision.
- Investigates member complaints, researches and finalizes resolution.
- Responsible for managing employee retention.
- Maintains a functional level of knowledge and procedural expertise in all credit union products and services.
- Observe Credit Union guidelines, policies, and procedures in order to adhere to compliance regulations, and security standards.
- Underwrite loans within lending authority limits
- Work in conjunction with the respective Community Development Officers to develop and grow our community partners
- Responsible for Community Financial Center maintenance and coordinating needs with designated facilities representative or contractor.
- Work with other lines of business partners to promote organizational strategies.
- Must demonstrate a functional knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act in addition to other Federal laws, including but not limited to: U.S. Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets & Control, Anti-Money Laundering, Right to Financial Privacy Act, and the Bank Bribery Act.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Proven ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form.
2. Proven ability to effectively interact with all levels of Credit Union personnel, industry peers, and members.
3. Proven ability to gather, interpret, and solve complex problems.
4. Ability to make decisions, take action, and accepts responsibility for results.
5. Must be able to handle complicated procedures while demonstrating good judgment and the ability to set priorities, evaluate results, and coordinate with others.
6. Basic understanding of computer operations and programs. Demonstrated proficiency with computer keyboard.
1. Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- Associate's degree obtained through a formal 2 year program at an accredited educational facility. Education may be waived with related experience.
- 3-5 years previous experience in financial institution or related field.
- 3-5 years supervisory or management experience.
- Knowledge of lending practices regarding interpretation of credit bureau reports, underwriting criteria, and basic lending philosophy.