JOB SUMMARY: Home-based position which provides training in independent and daily living skills to children and young adults with developmental disabilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: A Habilitation Specialist must be able to consistently and successfully perform all essential functions of the position.
1. Provides training in activities of daily living, community recreation, personal hygiene and grooming, money management and budgeting, parenting, mobility, nutrition and meal preparation, self-preservation skills and other requested areas as required by Res-hab plan.
2. Documents services and instruction in 6-month Habilitation Services progress notes and daily case notes/voucher forms
3. Communicates individual needs to Habilitation Coordinator on a minimum of a monthly basis
4. Achieves minimum caseload and service delivery requirements as directed by the Habilitation Coordinator
5. Assists in the development of the Res-hab plan; participates in reviews every six months.
6. Suggests updates to Res. Hab. plan as needed to ensure quality
7. Share Summit’s Team Agreement with families.
8. Submits all weekly/monthly paperwork by specified deadlines
9. Perform any other duties as requested by your supervisor
10. Follows agency incident reporting policies and procedures
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE - High School Diploma required AND one year combined work, volunteer, internship and/or applicable training and education with the Developmentally Disabled population
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Etc. - A valid NYS Drivers License and agency approval of driving record according to agency's Policy and Procedures, OR accessibility to public or other private transportation AND clearance through NYS Central Register for Child Abuse and Maltreatment AND clearance through Buffalo Police Department for convictions of criminal offenses. First Aid, CPR, and SCIP-R certification. Annual physical and PPD’s are required. Must be cleared through NYS OMRDD criminal background check unit prior to first day of employment.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS - Command of the English language exhibiting the ability to verbally communicate, read and interpret general education periodicals/professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations; write and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence, reports, etc. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to parents, students, and other employees of the organization etc.
Must be able to work a part-time flexible schedule of 3-19 hours per week to include evenings and weekends. Must also be able to attend a daytime training program.
Summit Educational Resources - 30+ days ago