Community Health Worker
Progressive community service organization funded primarily through government support is looking for a dedicated and committed professional. The community Outreach Worker will canvass the target service areas, providing health information, condoms and other harm reduction supplies and literature, and referrals to HIV testing and general care at HRLP/PSI’s health centers.
• Will oversee drop-in Centers that have dedicated spaces that are well established within the Bronx and YMCM community.
• Centers will be easily accessible by public transportation.
• BAS has maintained a dedicated safe space for youth for more than ten years.
• Health worker will oversee a monthly “Kiki” event (similar to successful events done in the past, which will serve as a major client pool for proposed program services).
• Mobile Units will have teams that include volunteers who know the neighborhoods, the people that reside in them, and the cultures in which they live.
• Other duties as deemed necessary by the Director.
• Minimum of two to three years community experience working with the targeted population.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
• Must be able to create, maintain and update client database and contact system
• Familiar with needle exchange outreach programs
• Required to have the knowledge to use the Internet outreach via Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, texting, to market the new programs.
High school diploma, two to three years of college. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills required.
Send resume to:
Job Reference must be in subject line for resume to be considered. No telephone calls accepted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
SocialService.com - 19 months ago