Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Hennepin County Diversity Policy
The mission of the Hennepin County Human Services and Public Health Department (HSPHD) is to strengthen individuals, families, and communities by increasing safety and stability, promoting self-reliance and livable income, and improving the health of our communities.
The Initial Contact & Assessment Division of HSPHD works to proactively identify the needs of individuals and families within the community and match those needs with HSPHD resources. This division seeks a Spanish bilingual Community Liaison to join their team. This position will work closely with the Richfield Police Department to conduct outreach activities with the residents of Richfield.
This position is located at the Richfield Police Department, 6700 Portland Ave S., Richfield, MN, and will work a flexible schedule including regular night and weekend hours.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
- Work closely with police officers to conduct outreach activities for the residents of Richfield; especially refugees, immigrants, and multicultural community residents
- Collaborate with police officers to evaluate current community needs
- Identify additional research and training needs for police officers on community issues
- Develop surveys, and collect and interpret cultural and organizational data
- Lead community meetings
- Present information at roll calls and department trainings for the police officers
- Write strategic plans, work group plans, and reports on community events, articles for local community newspapers, and grants
- Lead a multicultural advisory committee to create annual work plans
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Bilingual candidates must pass a language assessment to qualify for bilingual duties and pay. Final candidates will be required to complete a background check.
- One of the following:
- Master's degree or higher in business administration, public administration, research methods, behavioral/social science, urban/city planning, and/or a field appropriate to the area of specialization
- Bachelor's degree in one of the fields listed above and one year or more of relevant experience including experience in project management
- Bilingual skills in both English and Spanish
- Collecting, analyzing, and reporting data
- Using Microsoft Office programs to present data, reports, and recommendations
- Facilitating meetings
- Working or volunteering in a police department or corrections setting
- Managing and monitoring grants or a program budget
- Ability to recognize and respect cultural differences and provide culturally appropriate services
- Access to reliable transportation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong grant writing skills
- Ability to:
- Conduct logical thinking, gather and analyze information, design and test solutions to problems, and formulate plans.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Work independently and use self-evaluation to inform actions.
- Build and nurture collaborative relationships with a variety of customers/partners, both internal and external.
- Successfully manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Apply problem solving skills and make data driven recommendations for action.
Hennepin County - 30+ days ago