*** Shifts may vary***
*** Security Position Overseeing Students ***
Responsible for providing safe and secure learning environment for staff and students, in compliance with Department of Labor (DOL) and Management & Training Corporation (MTC) directives.
Essential Functions :
1. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
2. Maintain positive face to face interaction with all students throughout shift.
3. Ensure the physical security of building and property by checking doors, windows, lights, electrical appliances, equipment, locks, and emergency equipment; maintain log of findings and corrective actions.
4. Perform parking and traffic control duties; check identification of personnel and students seeking entrance to or exit from grounds and permit or deny entrance or exit according to established policies and procedures.
5. Assist in transporting ill or injured as required.
6. Respond to fire alarms, take necessary steps to report fires, assist in suppressing fires and reset fire alarm equipment.
7. Assist staff an law enforcement personnel in controlling disturbances; conducting preliminary investigation of crimes, and student accident and incident reports; conduct searches as assigned.
8. Perform administrative functions; maintain logs, reports, accident documentation; conduct investigations as assigned.
9. Provide transportation services as required.
10. Operate light trucks, buses, and passenger vehicles; transport passengers.
11. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
12. Support and promote center zero tolerance policies.
13. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
14. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements :
High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) and one year related experience. Experience working with youth, excellent written and verbal communication and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...