Blah, blah, blah, yes that’s how most ads read for Administrative Assistant. OK, our ad could read that way too, because certainly our Administrative Assistant position has a lot of required ‘blah’ to it: keyboarding and computer skills required; great organization skills needed; ability to work in a team atmosphere, etc. However (and you had to know there was going to be a ‘however’) if you have the required blah, blah skills but also would enjoy working for a terrific company with great benefits, a wonderful working environment, and a place where continuous learning is our passion (and not just some current buzz words we fling around to impress), you should contact us.
Are you thinking to yourself, “who is this company, this is really piquing my interest?” We are a fast growing, well respected and successful community management organization. While our headquarters is located in Aliso Viejo, we have offices scattered throughout California. In business since 1980, we never stop trying to innovate. And while you may start as an Administrative Assistant, if you have growth plans for yourself, and have the courage, skills and commitment to always go the extra mile, who knows where you may end up in this organization.
So if you have the blah and the stuff, maybe this is the place for you.
Provide administrative support to the Community Services Lifestyle Manager and other areas as needed including the Receptionist, Executive Director, and Executive Assistant.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS including the following. Other requirements may be assigned.
• Administrative Assistant to Community Lifestyle Manager for all community events and recreation programs
• Maintain storage areas relating to community events in Vista Verde, Trabuco Mesa Park and Central Park
• Attend and assist at all community events and meetings
• Assist with preparation of quarterly reports
• Assist with drawing up vendor contracts
• Manages filing system for all vendor contracts and event folders
• Assist with preparation of board and committee reports
• Purchase supplies for community events
• Maintains a positive relationship with the Community Lifestyle Manager and co-workers, who are responsible for the overall management functions.
• Timely and accurate maintenance of the Delegate and Volunteer data base and reports
• Training required in Merit Connect and Active Net Registration Program
• Maintenance of Active Net Registration for community events, recreational programming, picnic reservations, etc.
• Timely and accurate maintenance of insurance, auto insurance and workmen’s comp documents for vendors (information provided by Financial Coordinator)
• Serve in the absence of the Front Desk Reception for breaks, vacation/sick coverage, and other absenses
• Assistance with projects presented by the Executive Director
• Verbal ability to effectively communicate with Board and/or Committee members
• Written ability to formulate effective correspondence necessary to perform the job
• Must be able to format and compose business documents as assigned
• Confirm meeting dates and times with Committee/Board meetings
• Handle all mail, process any Federal Express or courier packages as necessary
• Assist team in typing correspondence, copying, filing and assist with Committee meeting preparation as necessary
• Keep all filing current and maintain well-organized files and event books
• Assists the team in general, as necessary
• Assist Executive Assistant with preparation of Board Books and IPADs
• Assist with photography at community events, manage photo inventory and create cd photo library for viewing at reception area and meetings
• Maintain a three-day turnaround time of work on their desk. If problems arise in this respect, must contact the respective team member to ensure the work gets completed in a timely manner
• Be prepared to take calls from Board members and homeowners and attempt to assist them. If the Administrative Assistant does not have the information, inform the caller that they will obtain the information, or have their call returned
• Identify new recreation trends and locate instructors to instruct classes.
• Assist with management of contract classes instructor contracts.
• Assist with Creation and implementation of a marketing strategy to promote events and programs using all appropriate venues and coordinate in annual communications calendar.
• Assist with the coordination and implementation of recruitment activities to increase resident awareness of the Volunteer opportunities available to them in the community.
• Take the lead of volunteers at community events.
• Assist in the creation of the annual event calendar with budget for board approval.
• Assist with the identification of local recreational opportunities available to SAMLARC residents.
• Assist with the creation of annual parks/recreational programming based on budget and community needs.
• Keep documentation of all community program plans, vendor contacts, financial, event summary reports etc.
• Any and all other assignments as deemed necessary by supervisor
• Must be knowledgeable and adept with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Publisher
• Must have administrative background and be able to demonstrate organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
• Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills
• Must be able to independently answer and place telephone calls
• Must have excellent customer service skills
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks concurrently
• Public charisma and ability to develop positive relationships
• Organizational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task.
• Strong ethical practices
• Ability to think and work independently and as part of a team.
• Use of good judgment
• Weekend work required
• Must have use of transportation and possess valid California driver’s license and state mandated vehicle insurance in order to pick up supplies and to drive to events.
• Part time work is up to 32 hours per week. Primary hours are Monday through Friday. Work week will include weekend special events as needed. Working on 4th of July is mandatory. Attendance at early morning and evening meetings may be required. Overtime will occur from time-to-time based on business needs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High School Graduate; two (2) year or four (4) year college degree preferable.
• Minimum of one-year (1) administrative assistance work, preferably in the public or private sector of recreation.
MERIT Property Management, Inc
- 2 years ago - save job