SideCar Community Manager – Boston
We changed the way San Francisco and Seattle get around. Now help us move to Boston.
SideCar ( www.side.cr ) is the game-changer of urban, community-driven transportation. Since February 2012, we’ve instantly connected people who need rides with people who have extra seats in their car over 75,000 times. Real-time ridesharing has taken over SF and Seattle, Boston is next. Hop in.
The SideCar Boston Community Manger will be tirelessly focused on growing and enhancing our amazing ridesharing community. You will be the local go-to for both drivers and passengers. This means recruiting, onboarding, promoting, evangelizing and just plain rocking SideCar wherever you go. And you’ll tweet. Oh will you tweet.
Also, you’ll be…
- Super personable. You love being with people, working with people, meeting new people, interacting with people and helping people.
- Resourceful. Working remotely and on your own schedule, you’ll cleverly figure out ways to solve problems on the fly. (You’ll have tons of support at every turn, of course.)
- Full of energy. From social media & driver training during the day to events at night and community support on the weekends, you’ll have a blast at every step. Your own energy will make this more fun than work.
- Inventive. Always on the hunt for new ways to engage people, both online and off, you’ll arrive with a basketful of ideas and never stop brainstorming. Variety is what the SideCar experience is all about. Bring it.
- Savvy. You live in the world of social media and know your way around the many scenes of Boston.
- Word perfect. This job involves a solid dose of writing, from tweets to blog posts to emails. You will be the voice of SideCar in your town and your voice will be smart, cool and local.
- Driven. You are determined to build something magical with us and won’t sleep until it’s done.
Nurturing and growing our community are your two main objectives. Here’s how you’ll do it:
- Be an advocate and evangelist for both drivers and passengers alike.
- Recruit and onboard drivers in a fun, informative way to ensure that the community keeps moving and has a blast while doing so. This means real face-to-face time!
- Monitor all social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Quora, you name it) and take an active participation in discussions around SideCar and any other topics relevant to our mission in Philly.
- Work closely with our marketing, operations and support teams to create the best possible experience for the Philly SideCar community.
- Become the SideCar voice in Boston by generating fun, engaging social media content on a regular basis.
- Dig into Boston's social flow and craft innovative ways to offer the incredible SideCar experience to more and more people. By connecting with influencers, you’ll help weave SideCar into the very fabric of Boston.
- Solid chops in social media. Must know the ins and outs of all the outlets… past, present and future. You live on Twitter.
- Customer support or service industry background a huge help.
- Startup experience also a plus.
- Must be an influencer yourself. Your friends and family listen to what you have to say.
Compensation & Perks
- College degree in Marketing, Communications or similar preferred.
- Full time salary negotiable based on experience
- Flexible schedule, remote working environment
- SideCar credits galore!
SideCar is moving transportation in a big, sustainable, community-driven direction -- one ride at a time. Whether you’re ready to fill...