Supervises and coordinates daily operations of residential communities or neighborhoods that are comprised of military Executive Homes designated for military Flag officers or senior officers; including but not limited to general administration, maintenance, and management of community associates. Coordinates all property management activities required for the communities and homes with the appropriate military point of contact. Maintains the physical assets and community performance to achieve the highest possible net operating income without compromising the quality of the community's appearance or level of service. Monitors regulatory compliance and Company policies/procedures related to community management, and ensures associates are familiar with and understand them.
Essential Job Functions
1. Develops and maintains a professional relationship with the military command; ensures military housing program requirements and regulations are monitored regularly and are in full compliance with appropriate regulatory agreements and agencies; ensures community associates are familiar with, understand, and support compliance.
2. Manages staff of community associates on a direct or indirect basis; answers inquires and questions; trains and coaches for success. Provides feedback to associates through both formal and informal performance discussions. Establishes and coordinates a system of communication involving transactions and activities between community associates and the corporate office.
3. Prepares annual operating budget for assigned communities/neighborhoods as budget projections and submits to operations manager for final review and approval. Reviews monthly operating results on an ongoing basis with the operations manager, and assists with the preparation of written variance reports.
4. Creates a positive community environment by maintaining professional, courteous and continuous open communication with associates, residents and applicants. Resolves residents' issues or refers them to appropriate associates to expedite resolution. Prepares correspondence to residents as necessary, and maintains accurate records.
5. Operates an efficient community consistent with adequate staffing, as well as policies and guidelines established through the corporate office and the Loss Prevention Department. Responds to emergency situations and contacts agencies and/or the operations manager as necessary.
6. Maintains knowledge of applicable state and local laws and ensures ongoing compliance including resident-landlord relations, OSHA regulations, and fair-housing laws; ensures community associates are familiar with, understand, and support compliance.
7. Analyzes vendor contracts, and makes recommendations to the operations manager for the good of the community. Implements accounting procedures for community purchases within budgetary guidelines, and approves routine expenditures.
Works continuously with the military command building relationships and ensuring that military housing program requirements and regulations are in compliance with appropriate agreements. Constant contact with community associates and operations manager to assure efficient community operations; communicates with residents by telephone or in person to build and sustain positive relationships.
Prepares annual operating budget for assigned properties as budget projections, and submits to operations manager for final review and approval; approves routine expenditures according to corporate policy and guidelines.
An associate degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in accounting, marketing, or related business discipline; undergraduate degree preferred. In the absence of a degree, directly-related job experience in residential property management including budgeting, marketing and general maintenance, where a number of years and proven knowledge may offset the degree requirement. Current state driver's license.
In addition to the education outlined above, at least 5 years of progressively responsible experience with a proven track record of successful property management including budget implementation, marketing and general maintenance. Certification as an Accredited Resident Manager (ARM) or Certified Apartment Manager (CAM). At least 2 years previous supervisory experience including conducting performance reviews and coaching associates to success.
Working knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and resident-landlord relations. Must possess excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), and general knowledge of property management software.
Drug Free Workplace