We are searching for a Community Manager for our Ventana Apartments, our 139-unit community in Pittsburg, California. In brief summary, the Community Manager is responsible for all phases of property management including but not limited to the physical plant, fiscal/budgetary operations, and marketing/leasing for the designated community, as assigned. This responsibility also includes managing all community team members, to include any third-party contractors or vendors used to support the community’s operations and activities.
All team members at Carmel Partners, Inc. are expected to act as compelling representatives of the Company and champions of our Mission & Values.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for day-to-day operations; budgeting, resident relations, vendor contracts and supervision, lease administration, supervision of on-site personnel, etc.
- Responsible for all operational and management phases of the designated community of responsibility; including but not limited to: general office administration, maintenance, direct control of all personnel and resources to the end that the property is maintained, at all times, in a good physical condition with a stabilized fiscal operation
- Maintains sound Owner/Customer relations
- Trains and is responsible for work performed by all direct reports
- Adheres to all company personnel, accounting, maintenance, and purchasing p policies and procedures
- Coaches and drives Leasing Team to identify appropriate sales and marketing campaigns that align to the set/agreed goals and objectives/occupancy levels and unit pricing. Monitors or handles the leasing process from touring through move in. In the absence of a Leasing Team this responsibility is that of the Community Manager.
- Prepares, processes and signs leases and related forms; maintains complete resident and office files
- Responsible for the collection of rents and handling of all delinquent accounts; maintains necessary records of all financial transactions for the designated community of responsibility
- Makes bank deposits daily, where applicable
- Responsible for overseeing the accounts payable/accounts receivable process and items related thereto
- Accountable for timely completion of month end accounting processes, including accurate recording of financial information, comparison/analysis and variance analysis.
- Prepares, completes, and distributes monthly financial reports for his/her community
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual property operating budget and business plan
- Responsible for understanding MRI applications and processes
- Purchases or requests necessary office supplies under established guidelines
- Supervises all outside contractors working in his/her community
- Responsible for all details of move-ins and move-outs for all units in the community; giving special attention to apartment inspections, move-ins and move-outs
- Walks through each unit before any work is done to ensure only necessary work is performed; walks through each unit after all work is completed to ensure the unit is ready for turnover
- Works to ensure that residents have a clean, safe and well-maintained community
- Works with residents and resident organizations
- Returns calls to residents within 24 hours and responds to written correspondence within 72 hours
- Reports accidents, potential insurance claims and emergency situations to the Regional Manager and the Human
- Resources Department; reports immediately and prepares any necessary documentation
- Ensures that all maintenance requests are handled the same day or within 24 hours. The resident is to be notified of causes for any delay
- Inspects property for improvements, recording deficiencies and taking actions where necessary, within budget allocations
- Notifies the Regional Manager of any possible budget variations
- Turns in all reports, time sheets, invoices, etc. to the Regional Manager by the designated due dates
- Maintains courteous communications and customer relations with residents, applicants, representatives of other companies and all team members at Carmel Partners, Inc.
- Maintains a daily written log
- Supervises all special projects as directed
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Hires, manages and directs the career development of his/her direct reports
- Ensures his/her direct reports have the appropriate technical skills, tools and facilities in order to competently perform their roles
- Ensures appropriate performance management of his/her direct reports
Candidates for this Position should hold the following qualifications and be able to demonstrate the following abilities to be considered as a suitable applicant. Please note that except where specified as ‘preferred,’ all points listed below are considered minimum requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS (Skills – Technical and Non-Technical)
- Bachelor Degree in Business or related field preferred
- High School Diploma required
- Property Management Certification is a plus
- At least 3+ years’ previous property/community management experience (minimum requirement is at the Assistant Community Manager level)
- Must have knowledge of San Francisco rental market, laws with BMR experience
- Previous experience must include management responsibility for 200 or more units
- At least 2+ years’ previous sales/marketing and residential leasing experience
- Previous experience must include responsibilities for property operating budgets; financial planning, analysis, tracking and solid financial results
- Previous experience with Property Management Operating and Information systems required
- Previous experience with MRI is a plus
- Must have experience managing a large and diverse staff with a union component.
WORKING CONDITIONS (physical, vision, hearing, speaking, mental, driving requirements / work environment)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong ability to lead and manage others
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to interact effectively with senior executives
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Proven time management and organizational skills; can effectively manage multiple tasks to completion
- Outstanding commitment to operational excellence and top-flight customer care
- Frequent sitting and walking
- Repetitive use of computer, keyboard, mouse and phone
- Constant reading, comprehending, writing, performing calculations, communicating orally, reasoning & analyzing
- Occasional squatting, bending neck/waist, twisting neck/waist, pushing and pulling
Carmel Partners - 17 months ago