The Community Manager position encompasses a wide range of duties.
The Associate is responsible for the management of the assigned property that represents a major investment by the Company.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and implement a business-marketing plan for the property each year including marketing occupancy goals
- Project expenses and obtain approval prior to any expense overage
- Responsible for maintaining budgeted occupancy levels at budgeted rental rates
- Prepare and monitor operating budget and reports on status of property such as variance and occupancy reports on a monthly basis
- Responsible for achieving the highest possible NOI through effective cost control and maximizing revenue
- Collect specified rents, delinquent rents, file evictions, and approves write-offs as necessary
- Conduct regular training and weekly meetings for all staff members
- Direct bookkeeping functions and issuance of check for monies due residents
- Arrange for alterations to, or maintenance upkeep, or reconditioning of property as specified in management service agreement- Supervise maintenance of buildings and grounds
- Contract for services of leasing consultants, maintenance, groundkeeper personnel, onsite management personnel, and security if required
- Responsible for the hiring, training, and retention of subordinate associates
- Perform subordinate associates’ performance evaluations
- Work with Human Resources regarding associate welfare, benefits, and any required disciplinary action
- Guide and assist subordinates in performance of maintenance procedures and tasks
- Arrange for and approve purchasing of supplies, services, and goods for use on property- Work with Project Management on specifications and contracts for major repairs
- Attend to resident issues, including neighbor disputes, renewal
terms, maintenance repairs, etc.
- Develop and implement resident retention, marketing, and advertising programs
- Respond to after hours or emergency calls as necessary
- Assist with eviction of residents in compliance with court order and directions from Lawyer
- Create a positive environment for the staff and promotes a quality living experience for the residents
- Provide recommendations for capital improvements and manage satisfactory completion of work with approvals given by Company
- Monthly preparation of market study
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, rent per square foot and other basic algebraic functions.
- Ability to read and understand operating statements and budgets
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of frequently conflicting priorities and distractions while keeping the community running smoothly.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to deal with residents in an empathetic, professional manner.
- A good understanding of customer service concepts and applicability will be necessary in this role
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word/Excel/Yardi
- High degree of professionalism and demeanor
- Negotiation skills
- Able to work weekends when needed
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc
- 2 years ago - save job