Looking for a position that you can sink your teeth into? Are you willing to start at the beginning and work your way up, even though you know you will need to put in long hours to get up to speed? Are you a true people-person, and not just saying that because you know that’s what we are looking for? Are you organized, but not a perfectionist?
If you are not scoffing at this moment and we have actually tweaked your interest, we may have a position for you. We, a successful, respected, fast growing and often imitated property management company have an opening for a Community Manager.
The Community Manager (CM), an Exempt position, oversees the day-to-day operation of several homeowner associations, whether the association is a condominium, single-family homes, or even a high-rise building. The CM will work closely with the Board of Directors to ensure the association is running efficiently. If you enjoy keeping your mind sharp by learning about a variety of subjects (law, real estate, construction, landscape, budgeting, events, managing relationships), and have the capacity to work with all types of people (content, confused, and/or cranky) and can always maintain a high level of professionalism, contact us.
Who are we? We have been in the property management business since 1980, and yet we never stop learning and developing. While our Headquarters is in Aliso Viejo, we have offices located throughout California and continue to grow at a fast pace. Within our offices your co-workers are some of the finest, warmest, nicest people, which is just icing on the cake of your career. The Community Manager position is not for everyone, but for some it is an ideal career. Could it be yours?
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Ensure all civil code and legal document requirements are met and association remains in compliance.
• Manage Board of Directors and Community relations. Coordinate, attend and have oversight of all client meetings.
• Retain the association clients assigned to be managed.
• Create agendas for board and committee meetings and packets (Board Packets) in accordance with company procedures. Responsible for all board meeting follow-up, minutes, and correspondence. Take accurate notes at board meetings of all board of director actions and directions. Dictate minutes.
• Take client calls and determine appropriate action.
• Conduct all walkthroughs (Landscape, Violation, Architectural Review and Turnover, Work Order verification) and complete appropriate follow-up.
• Manage all deadlines and update in Merit Connect Database.
• Responsible for association fiscal management including financial statement review and comprehension.
• Develop and prepare appropriate annual draft budget for board of director approval, implement and manage to the budget monthly for each client.
• Manage association accounting needs including payment of client invoices, audit, tax payments, 1365 budget and delinquency monitoring along with competent understanding and use of our accounting system (Jenark/CoreLogic).
• Manage association insurance coverage and needs ensuring adequate and consistent coverage.
• Manage and submit all charge-backs to association(s) monthly for assigned associations.
• Manage litigation needs.
• Foster team building among all members including Community Management (CM) teammates, Associate CMs, Assistants, accounting staff, copy shop, reception staff, customer care center and marketing department.
• Manage and oversee vendor relations.
• Oversee and process homeowner violations.
• Manage special projects.
• Author or provide correspondence, budget information, newsletters, and election information via dictation or computer.
• Review and approve all communications to and from association members.
• Manage payments and receipts for association. Authorize payment of invoices.
• Manage bid process, review bid spec proposals and comparison spreadsheets from associate and make board recommendations as appropriate.
• Educate association board members on changes to legislation that impact their association.
• Responsible for all aspects of the annual meeting/election process.
• Provide web content for Merit Connect website provided at no charge to all clients.
• Responsible for all association files in accordance with company standardized hard copy and electronic system.
• Track and ensure requirements are met for processing Statement of Domestic Non-Profit.
• Utilize company support staff in accomplishing daily tasks in efficient, respectful manner.
• Attend and exhibit leadership at industry functions.
• Follow quality system procedures including all Merit systems (Connect, Jenark/CoreLogic, Task & Calendar, Board Packet, Standard Operating Procedures, etc.)
• Must have reliable transportation, driver’s license and be able to drive to association clients, potential clients, and other meetings as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Excellent customer service and relationship building background/skills.
• Demonstrate effective communication skills consisting of oral, written and listening skills with the ability to draft, coordinate and make presentations in a board meeting setting and a large audience.
• Collaborative decision-making and problem solving skills.
• Ability to read and understand financial statements, budgets and working with numbers and the ability to explain same to a larger audience, particularly the Board of Directors.
• CCAM strongly desired or must be obtained in 1st year of employment.
• Ability to draft correspondence and reports along with responding to inquiries and client concerns effectively and independently.
• Demonstrate strong organizational skills and time management abilities while working in a fast-paced, multitasking environment.
• Set and communicate deadlines and follow through on tasks for clients including resident homeowners, committees and boards of directors.
• Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
• Must be able to attend and actively participate at night meetings as required.
• Occasionally weekend work may be required
• Must have minimum typing speed of 30 WPM.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Applications, especially Word, Outlook, and Excel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Four-year college degree preferred, or comparable business experience.
MERIT Property Management, Inc - 22 months ago