Title of Position: Community Manager
Statement of the Job:
Responsible for the day to day management of the community operations to include maintenance of the neighborhoods and homes within specific communities.
Reports either to the Operations Director or the Director of Property Management. Supervises the Assistant Community Manager and the Resident Service Coordinators. Works closely with Marketing and Communications Manager, Leasing Manager and Maintenance Managers.
- Select, train, and supervise Assistant Community Manager and Resident Service Coordinators.
- Resolve and address resident complaints, disputes and other issues. Primary escalation point for community management operations.
- May conduct move ins, home showings, move outs, and/or other Resident Service Coordinator or Assistant Community Manager responsibilities as needed.
- Ensure consistent and fair collection of damages at move out, during occupancy.
- Ensure community standards are addressed consistently.
- Responsible for community curb appeal.
- Conduct quarterly and annual performance reviews for all direct reports.
- Conduct daily community inpections and maintain curb appeal.
- Responsible for meeting budgeted occupancy and financial goals. Provide accurate and timely reports to the Operations Director.
- Identify safety, curb appeal, maintenance and capital requirements and work with the Director of Maintenance and Director of Property Management to budget for and address the concerns or challenges.
- Oversee maintenance needs of community and office, customer service and resident relations.
- May be responsible for collecting on deliquent accounts, overseeing petty cash and other financial functions.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of all WHS policies and procedures including the resident journey.
- Actively assists and participates in the organization and execution of company-sponsored resident events including social events, educational classes and community programs.
- Provides high standard of customer service to residents through a promopt and courteous response to all inquiries.
- May be responsible for conducting move out information sessions
- Serve as a liaison with community agencies.
- May be responsible for conducting energy audits
- Responsible for monitoring occupancy rates and vacancies.
- May require nights and weekends for special events.
- Attend trainings, workshops and meetings as position requires.
- Promote and practice incident-injury free (IIF) and sustainability.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience Requirement:
Every employee whose job requires driving of either a company provided or personal vehicle must:
- Have a current license to operate a vehicle in good standing.
- Meet the driving records standards outlined in the Company Safe Vehicular Operations Policy.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is preferred.
- CAM designation or the ability to obtain within first year.
- 2-5 years property management experience preferred. Experience working with military housing is strongly preferred. 1 – 3 years management experience preferred. Demonstrated leadership or education may be accepted.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required and YARDI or other similar industry software is preferred.
- Skills required: Excellent communication, organizational, time-management, follow-up, analytical, decision-making and reasoning skills with a commitment to customer service required.
* Some properties may require employees to provide their own vehicle for business use. Mileage will be reimbursed
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.
WinnResidential - 20 months ago