About Fort Drum Mountain Community Homes:
Fort Drum Mountain Community Homes is a master planned community of 1,586 newly constructed three, four and five bedroom homes, four state-of-the-art community centers in addition to 2,249 fully renovated existing homes. The project also involves the construction and management of The Timbers, a 192 unit, one and two bedroom, suite-styled apartment community for unaccompanied Soldiers. Additionally, Mountain Community Homes will provide asset, property, and maintenance management for a minimum of 50 years. The award-winning property has been recognized on both national and local levels for efforts in supporting sustainability, safety, and providing world class service to Soldiers and Families.
Statement of the Job:
Primary responsibility is the management of day-to-day community operations to include maintenance of neighborhoods and homes within specific communities.
Reports directly to the Assistant DPM/Operations Director
- Select, train and supervise Assistant Community Manager (ACM), Resident Services Coordinators (RSC) and Maintenance Supervisor. Provide training, mentoring and counseling to subordinates.
- Ensure compliance with state, federal and military policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with contract specifications and company policies and procedures.
- Conduct daily property inspections. Serve as liaison with community agencies.
- Approve resident applications, preliminary approval of purchase orders and invoices. Supervise processing of resident service requests.
- Responsible for meeting budgeted occupancy and financial goals. Provide accurate and timely reports to the Director of Operations.
- Works closely with the Maintenance Supervisor on all aspects of maintenance functions and decisions.
- Operate a smooth running community center.
- Promote and practice an Incident-Injury Free (IIF) workplace
- Promote and practice Sustainability
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and/or Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of successful private sector residential management experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Typing, data entry and computer skills required. Working knowledge of MS Officece (Word, Excel, Access, & Power Point) with skills at intermediate to advance level desirable. Typing 45+ WPM
- High School Diploma or equivalent with some college preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines and interact in a postive working relationship with personnel on all levels
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle are required
- Pass drug screening and background check