The community monitor supports the Social Media Manager,
assisting in the community management of Hoover and Dirt
Devil’s social media platforms and on reviews left on
the site and on other major retail sites. This job is as
much about listening as it is about talking. The main
goal of this position is to be the first responder to
the joy and frustration customers experience with our
cleaners. You’ll be the answerer of questions. The
person who turns bad experiences into good ones. We are
not looking for a social media expert. We are looking
for someone with the heart of a customer service
professional and the savvy to push hard for us to always
treat our customers the way you wish you were treated by
a pair of major brands.
- Customer Service:
- Generate creative solutions to problems.
- Monitor and respond to comments on all social
company best practices, never promise more than you can
- Respond to reviews on our site and others.
- Work closely with customer service to be trained in
deliver and never sell the customer short. (You will
indirectly report to the customer service manager)
in the brand world of Hoover and Dirt Devil.
- Create a weekly listening report for what’s going on
Please include a cover letter outlining a creative
- Be an expert at spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Other Duties as assigned
resolution to a problem you helped facilitate.
History or Advertising, or commensurate experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, English,
working in a management, training or handling elevated
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience (includes
responses in a call center) being the manager of a
retail store or working on marketing team that handles
but with a high quality response.
- Obsessive at making sure you answer not only quickly,
be coached and edited meticulously.
- The ability to work independently, but the patience to
different tones of voice.
- Strong writing skills and ability to adapt to
- Maintain high standards of copywriting and attention
Results driven, strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, creative, and curious
- Team player, Positive attitude, Takes ownership,
professional and courteous manner
- Dependable and service oriented, always acting in a
Word and Excel.
- Excited and Passionate about the business opportunity
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office- Power Point,
Req. Code : 650
Division/Department : Corporate