The Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit has an immediate opening for a Community Outreach Associate in the NEXTGen Department, reporting directly to the Director of NEXTGen Detroit.
The Associate is charged with building relationships and executing programming with, and for, young Jewish adults around Metro Detroit. This role is a part of a team which is creating a hub for vibrant Jewish community in Metro Detroit. This Associate position is responsible for overseeing existing programs as well as for developing new, dynamic programs to attract and engage young adults. Specifically, this position will support all social justice and service programming within NEXTGen and their community partners.
• Point person for overall project management, event logistics and coordination on all Do It For Detroit events (pre-production, on-site, and for follow-through)
• Develop and maintain programs with NEXTGen Detroit’s partners
• Member of NEXTGen staff team, supporting department programming, campaign, and events
• Maximize participation amongst across a diverse population
• Manage and direct volunteer teams as needed
• Develop effective relationships with volunteers, donors and colleagues
• Assignments may include support to or collaboration with other departments as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Business, Jewish Studies, Human Behavior, Communications or equivalent preferred. Master’s Degree a plus.
• Strong team player
• Passionate about supporting and building a NEXTGen community while strengthening Jewish identity and connection to Detroit Jewish life, Federation, and Israel.
• Recognized for strong cultivation/engagement skills and relationship building skills with the Next Gen community including those who are unaffiliated and disengaged.
• Event programming experience
• Familiarity with Jewish culture and the Jewish community.
• Familiarity with social justice issues in Detroit a plus.
• An ability to handle multiple projects in an efficient and effective manner.
• Must be able to work some evenings and some weekends as program schedule requires.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media tools.
Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit - 8 months ago
Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit : Website