- Assuring all patients have insurance coverage and or access to alternate resources (works closely with CHS to manage OHP applications); tracking clinic users via an extensive software system. Assists patients in advocacy and resources for their healthcare needs.
- Provides patient outreach, education and counseling regarding program guidelines and is directly responsible for training staff on policies and procedures in regards to identifying patients eligible for assistance.
- Assists patients in advocacy and resources for their healthcare needs.
- Provides outreach services at tribal community events.
- Troubleshoot, log and respond to customer complaints re: health insurance and alternate resources. Assure positive customer relations and service.
- Demonstrates respect and sensitivity to cultural/social differences in interactions with both patients and staff.
- Demonstrates initiative and problem solving skill using sound judgment.
- Familiar with HIPAA compliance rules as they relate to TPO; maintains strict confidentiality.
- Tribal Medicare Part B program – Assuring all Medicare covered patients are aware and taking advantage of the reimbursement coverage for their monthly premiums.
- Responds to patient requests for information or services.
- Serves as liaison between tribal members and medical staff so as to assist with wrap-around medical and social services. Develops methods to break down barriers and make services more available to the patients and family.
- Develops cooperative relationships with other service providers to enhance services to the patients.
- Prepares reports, correspondence, statistical analysis of program, and recommendations regarding program.
- Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent, required
- Two years of outreach, customer service and referral work experience, required
- Two years of experience in field of health or social services
- Experience working for tribal or another cultural entity, preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid Oregon driver’s license, required
****TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW, PRINT OUT APPLICATION AND SEND IT TO:
COW CREEK GOVERNMENT OFFICE
ATTN: HUMAN RESOURCES
2371 NE STEPHENS, SUITE 100
ROSEBURG, OR 97470
- Licensed insurance broker, preferred
Umpqua Indian Development Corporation
- 18 months ago - save job