SUMMARY: Responsible for recruitment and retention of senior members by disseminating timely health care information and for resolving problems and concerns encountered by seniors while accessing health care benefits. Act as a medical group liaison for senior health care providers with many industry contacts including health plans, brokers, senior community services, organizations and residences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Identification of senior member concerns including appropriate research and resolution of issues in conjunction with Provider Relations, Customer Service and clinical teams.
2. Participate in retention outbound call programs.
3. Maintain knowledge of Monarch special clinical programs and refer appropriate members into programs via relationship with clinical team.
4. Responsible for coordinating the collection of senior benefits and becoming technical experts with this data for use internally and externally. Counsel members on health plan benefits as requested. Refer non-members to senior benefits experts.
5. Provide physician referrals. Act as a general resource for other areas of senior care such as transportation, assisted living, financial counseling, hospice, care giver information and advance directives and prescription drug discounts.
6. Provide senior health care information to patients in community forums through marketing events and general meetings at senior centers, other senior facilities and hospitals in conjunction with community partners.
7. Provide senior health plan information to all Monarch employees and affiliated providers, through regular participation in office manager meetings, internal department meetings and other special meetings as needed.
8. Participate in the development of marketing materials for brokers, sales reps, senior events, physician educational seminars, and bi-annual senior newsletter.
9. Perform PR visits to enhance relationships with targeted physicians seeking senior growth. Develop and maintain relationships with health plan sales staff and brokers as a support for senior growth. Develop and maintain relationships with hospital internal marketing staff and senior center staff.
10. Represent organization on councils and organizations such as Saddleback Council for Older Adults, Office on Aging and HICAP, South County Senior Services ,Leisure World Social Services, and local community senior center.
11. Identify potential marketing opportunities in the senior community that might promote Monarch physicians or increase brand awareness of the Monarch name.
12. Regular and consistent attendance.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE : Bachelor's degree (BA) from four year college or university; or 5 years related healthcare or senior community experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Job requires to be out of the office a minimum of 50% or more for local travel.
LANGUAGE SKILLS : Ability to read and analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Excellent Public Speaking skills essential.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS : Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY : Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES : The ability to use Microsoft Office: Specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook. Ability to navigate internet and operate general office equipment, i.e. fax and copier. Must possess and maintain a valid California Driver's License and insurance. ***Conversational Spanish speaking skill is required.***
PHYSICAL DEMANDS : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Monarch Health Care is proud to be part of OptumHealth!
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required
Skills / Requirements
Monarch HealthCare - 13 months ago