The goal of the Community Outreach Program is to enhance utilization of the Mass Save program and drive residents to Next Step Living as a source for home energy solutions, including home energy assessments, weatherization, solar PV and other sustainable home solutions.
Outreach Interns will have the opportunity to develop unique projects based on Community Program Manager needs. Interns will work with a variety of stakeholders- including municipal officials, nonprofits and community leaders- to help Massachusetts residents access the Mass Save Home Energy Services Program.
Projects will vary in nature, and will involve working directly with Community Program Managers and Community Outreach Coordinators to develop and implement outreach events, outreach strategies and strategic planning.
Specific projects can include, but are not limited to: Attending and promoting NSL at outreach events, identifying key events and stakeholders to partner with, participating in strategic planning meetings, conducting focus group sessions, designing promotional materials, creating case studies on outreach methods, analyzing the effectiveness of existing outreach strategies, utilizing GIS software for spatial analysis and developing community summaries to extend outreach efforts in new communities.
- Candidates should be enrolled in either an undergraduate or graduate degree program, or be a recent graduate, with an emphasis on environmental policy and planning, community development, communications, business or a related field.
- Strong written communication and research skills.
- Ability to successfully work independently as well as within a team.
- Computer savvy- including Internet research and Microsoft Office skills
- A car is required for this internship!
- This intern will support the Northwestern Region of Massachusetts, and will frequently need to travel to that territory.
Next Step Living - 2 years ago