July 3, 2013
Community Outreach Therapist
40 Hours per Week, Full Benefits
Licensure Supervision Available!
Morrison Child and Family Services delivers specialized outpatient services to children, ages birth through 18.
When Applying Please Reference Job Code COT-451
Please Follow Application Procedures
Position provides community-based outpatient treatment and case management services to children and adolescent with mental health disorders. Duties include responsibilities for assessment, treatment planning, direct provision of treatment services, and maintaining clinical records for each child or adolescent served. The position provides evidenced-based parenting services including home-based Incredible Years services. The majority of services are provided in community settings; some services may be provided in the clinic.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling, or related mental health field and a minimum of two years experience providing mental health or counseling services to children, adolescents, and families.
- Licensure preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to meet QMHP requirements set forth in Oregon Administrative Rules.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must value working in a multi-cultural/diverse environment.
- Demonstrated ability to speak, write and read in the Spanish language if applicable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the developmental needs of children, birth to 18 years old.
- Demonstrated knowledge of individual, family, and group treatment strategies including home and community-based approaches.
- Knowledge of local community resources.
- Thorough understanding of the DSM-IV Diagnostic Classification System.
- Ability to work within managed care and utilization management guidelines including level of care assessments, pre-authorized services, and timeframes for treatment.
- Ability to work effectively in community settings.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and written with a broad variety of people, including staff, supervisors and management.
- Manual dexterity allowing for data entry, copying, word processing, filing, and writing.
- Ability to use tact, discretion, and judgment in working with a variety of people.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries in working with others and in handling confidential information.
- Ability to work as a member of a coordinated team effort.
- Ability to work independently, yet obtain supervision when needed or required.
- Ability to attend work regularly and be punctual for scheduled work commitments and meetings and be in a condition suitable for assuming the responsibilities of the position.
- Position involves driving a personal vehicle for work purposes. If driving a personal vehicle for work purposes, a valid driver’s license for state of residency, a driving record permitting coverage under corporate auto liability policy are required, and personal auto liability insurance are required. If driving a personal vehicle for work-related purposes more than once a week (4 times per month on average) must have and maintain personal auto liability coverage at $100,000/$100,000 level. All employees driving for work purposes must complete organization’s driving approval process before driving for work.
- Must pass criminal history check.
- Availability to work designated evening hours.
+ Pay Differential for Bilingual English/Spanish Abilities
+ Pay Differential for Licensure
- Email a cover letter and resume to
and reference job code “COT-451” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
- Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services at (503)736-9759 and put “COT-451” on your cover letter.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure and you must meet all position qualifications/requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to better serve our clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer