HDR is currently in need of a Community Planner in the Warner Robins, GA area. They will work on site at an Air Force Reserve Base to develop, maintain and implement the Air Force Comprehensive Planning Program.
The Base Community Planner shall:
Keywords: Community Planner requisition #121356
- assist the Base Civil Engineer in vision development by collecting, interpreting, integrating and preparing presentations of the Installation Commander’s vision to other senior installation leadership for mission and installation development
- support the development of the sustainable installation plan including all products, maintenance, and approvals required
- perform all actions related to siting actions including but not limited to the site analysis, siting documentation packages as required for Facilities Board approval
- conduct ADPs for all applicable areas on the installation including, but not limited to, the development of Statements of Work (SOW), coordination of funding, assessing ADPs for sustainability, integration into the Sustainable Installation Plan and approval by the Installation Facilities Board
- act as the main point of contact for off-base local and regional land use planning and zoning activities including AICUZ and encroachment engagement
- be responsible for recommending siting of facilities IAW UFC 3-260-01
- ensure the installation strategic vision, goals, objectives, and the sustainable installation Capital Improvements Program (CIP) are provided to the Asset Management Investment Planning process through AMP and BCAMP development
- provide planning support to the MAJCOM and installation basing and bed-down team
- participate in design review and other activities related to siting and planning actions including the management of planning contracts
- provide technical advice on a variety of planning issues and special studies including IGI&S planning data layers
- ensure projects in the Installation Development Plan (IDP) are programmed and aligned with the Installation Priorities List
- work with programmers to identify planning requirements for the physical development of the installation
BS degree in related field required, specialized BS degree in Urban or Regional planning preferred.
5+ years of planning experience required, experience specific to Air Force planning preferred, other Urban or Regional planning experience helpful.
GIS experience helpful.
MS Office (Word, Excel) skills required.
Must have superior writing skills and good oral presentation skills.
Some travel is required.
Due to client contract requirements, only candidates with US citizenship will be considered for this position, as permitted pursuant to section 274B(a)(2)(C) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
HDR - 5 months ago
With projects ranging from restoring the Pentagon and the Everglades to working on the Hoover Dam Bypass project, HDR has left its mark on t...