Engineering design; incorporating cost, quality, maintainability, product compliance and safety standards into designs for current and future facilities / infrastructure.
1. Project programming, facility requirements, and airfield criteria.
2. Works with engineering personnel to identify and analyze problems and develop technical solutions.
3. Initiates and carries out upgrade projects of any scope or design to install and/or modify base equipment, processes and facilities / infrastructure.
4. Assist engineering and operational maintenance with installation oversight and start-up of Government purchased equipment.
5. Coordinates with the local shop managers (Electric, Mechanical (HVAC), Structural, Utilities (Water, Plumbing, etc.)) any design improvements, local work loads, safety procedures, and scheduled maintenance work. This will include hands-on experience for facility maintenance, facility repairs, and occasional operation of uninterrupted power supply systems (prime generator power), 12K-4160-480-120VAC electrical distribution systems (Primary and Secondary) and emergency diesel generators.
6. Support Electrical / HVAC / Utility and Structural shops and associated support equipment.
7. Lead project programmer and community planner for base wide building and infrastructure development as well as fire protection.
8. Community planning and infrastructure/facility systems experience.
9. Develop and maintain airfield compliance program to include cataloging all obstructions and preparing waivers to criteria to support flight safety.
Marginal Functions: 1. Performs other related duties as required.
BS in engineering
5 years of design experience
AutoCAD and/or Microstation, HVAC expertise, Diesel Generators, 1.25 MW capacity, wide range of voltages / frequencies and power outputs
Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, MiniCAD, Visual Basic
Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communications skills
Familiarity with the Military budgetar
IAP - Your Global Challenges Partner
IAP is a leading provider of global-scale logistics, facilities management, and advanced professional...