Brief Position Responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or a related field.
- One to two years related experience and/or training in working with children and families of diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Wide range of clinical knowledge and experience in working with emotionally disturbed children and issues of physical/sexual abuse, neglect, and substance abuse.
- Strong preference for at least one year of experience of hands on use of the Family Teaching Model/Teaching Family Model.
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents such as case notes, treatment plans and procedure manuals, case notes and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients or employees of organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, with documentation verifying current automobile insurance.
- Provide services to an average case load of 20-30 clients, across Hamilton County school districts.
- The CPST worker will work with the therapist to formulate a treatment plan for the client and family system.
- The CPST worker will provide linkages to community support services, advocacy and work closely with the school districts to provide feedback on the progress and assist with interventions to help the client sustain throughout the school day.
- Direct care will be provided in the home, school, office and community settings.
- Bi-lingual, Spanish speaking applicants preferred.
- Provide technical assistance (i.e. securing medical card, assisting with school transfers and enrollments), emotional support and assistance in conjunction with other agencies.
- Provides assistance during crisis interventions.
- Provide direct, in-home monitoring of child and foster home on an ongoing basis. Through; home visits when appropriate, alternate site visits, school visits, other face-to-face meetings, regular phone contact and court appointments
- Work closely with home school district to provide feedback on child’s progress, discharge planning and overall functioning.
- Work with Treatment Team in developing accurate termination/transfer summaries in a timely fashion.