THIS POSITION IS FOR REHAB CARE. THE CANDIDATE SELECTED WILL NOT BE AN EMPLOYEE OF EAST JEFFERSON GENERAL HOSPITAL. The incumbent shall, at a minimum, be a graduate of a degree program as a RN, PT, OT, or SLP. A track record of successful professional and community relations experience in a health care setting, strong interpersonal skills and experience working with an adult geriatric disabled population is desirable. Provision of own transportation is necessary.
The incumbent shall be responsible for development and implementation of activities intended to educate and inform professionals and the community as a whole of the rehabilitation program services offered. The incumbent shall also demonstrate accountability for and contribution to program development, quality improvement, problem solving and productivity enhancement in a flexible interdisciplinary fashion.
1. Participate in continuing education/professional development activities.
2. Communicate and demonstrate a professional image/attitude for patients, families, clients, coworkers and others.
3. Adhere to policies and practices of applicable professional organizations, client hospital and RehabCare Group.
4. Participate in pre-admission screening.
5. Develop professional and community contact plan in consultation with program director.
6. Maintain effective communication with patients, families, referral sources, clients and team members
7. Participate in budgeting process for professional and community relations activities.
8. Complete monthly professional/community relations contact report.
9. Consult with corporate support department.
10. Participate in team business and referral development committee meetings.
11. Function as a resource for and provide team members with inservice/cross-training on marketing knowledge and skill areas.
12. Contribute to development of improved efficiency and productivity of unit clinical/administrative functions.
13. Participate in unit quality management activities.
14. Collect quality review data.
15. Participate in survey preparation activities.
16. Interact with assigned program consultant.
17. Participate in unit safety committee activities.
18. Contribute to the delivery of cost effective care.
East Jefferson General Hospital - 20 months ago