• Responsible for creating and strengthening relationships in the community and on the campus while working collaboratively with the VP of Institutional Advancement.
• Facilitates community engagement through broad information dissemination, and management of initiatives developed to increase knowledge of DSU.
• Serves as Operations Manager for DOCUTAH.
• Actively participates in the local area Chamber of Commerce and other professional, business, educational and governmental organizations to develop relationships that may result in community interest.
• Fosters increased support for DSU by engaging community partners.
• Collaborates with internal departments to support and influence community relations efforts.
• Serves on event committees as needed.
• Writes DOCUTAH and other cultural event press releases.
• Supervises volunteers and contract workers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communication or related field and 3 years of related experience required.
• Knowledge of community relations principles and practices.
• Experience in event budgeting and volunteer management.
• Ability to work with diverse and international communities.
• Knowledge of film festival operations.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to exercise excellent human relations skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with university employees and the public.
Contract: Full time (12 months) professional staff position. Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits. Position starts July 1, 2014
Electronic Application Procedures: Application deadline May 6, 2014 . Submit cover letter, resume, and three professional reference letters electronically. Please upload all of the requested documents when you submit your application. You will not be able to add to or edit your application once it has been submitted. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office (435) 652-7520.
DSU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The University is firmly committed to non-discrimination and affirmative action and it is the policy of the University to strive to afford equal opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of their religion, race, color, age, disability, gender, veterans or disabled veterans status or national origin and to conform to applicable laws and regulations.
Dixie State College of Utah - 4 months ago