Serve as primary coordinator to align community needs which can be supported by the Greater Chicago Food Depository (GCFD) – in keeping with the organization’s mission, specifically, to “strengthen and encourage community-based responses to ending hunger”
- Manage assigned Community Service areas.
- Assist in the planning, monitoring, and analysis of GCFD programs. Plan and coordinate the development of new projects and programs that address community needs and that serve the organization’s short and long-term goals.
- Assess community needs and provide technical assistance to agencies in the areas of reporting requirements, general food program operations, volunteer recruitment and retention, fundraising, resource management, transportation and food safety.
- Promote establishment of community leadership and a forum to share information and resources.
- Provide all current and necessary relationship data through the performance management software.
- Maintain a current turnover file.
- Administrative and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- A minimum of one year of social service or social project management experience required.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Position requires local travel - need to have own transportation, valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Bilingual Spanish required.
- Must possess or obtain, within six months of hiring: State of Illinois Food Sanitation License.
- 2 years ago - save job
The Greater Chicago Food Depository has long been committed to providing support for the staff and volunteers of our member agencies. For 25...