The primary objective of this position is to strengthen and build community engagement with CAFB to support to expand the work and mission of CAFB. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: the management and implementation of annual community events; the management and stewardship of corporate engagement and workplace groups; annual fundraising goals; the management and implementation of a comprehensive volunteer program; tracking, reporting and budgeting; work closely with CAFB staff to ensure adequate community support is fulfilled for volunteer requests and assignments.
* Performs a variety of marginal duties not listed, to be determined and assigned as needed.
- Strengthen and build new and existing community partnerships through community events and volunteerism to achieve and maximize annual fundraising goals.
- Directs all aspects of sponsored events and cause-related marketing campaigns.
- Build and secure corporate and media sponsorships to support events.
- Achieve annual fundraising goals for the Community Relations Department.
- Directs all aspects of the CAFB Volunteer Resources program by engaging new and existing volunteer groups and individuals.
- Oversee all aspects of volunteer recruitment, training and allocation efforts ensuring balance of appropriate support and engagement of targeted segments.
- Oversee community events and volunteer information management including but not limited to: communications, reporting, tracking, and maintenance of constituent data.
- Strategically and actively recruit new, corporate sponsors and workplace volunteer groups; providing on-going stewardship and support to these groups.
- Oversee the CAFB Ambassadors Program through active recruitment, stewardship, placement and training.
- Lead, mentor, develop a team of four direct reports and assigned interns.
- Manage and monitor scheduling for CAFB-wide projects and events using online scheduling calendar; examine confirmation of group commitments for accuracy.
- Work with CAFB staff to ensure recruitment and coordination of volunteers for special projects and community events.
- Represent the Food Bank to the public, including tours and presentations to employee groups, service organizations, faith based groups, and interviews with the media as needed.
- Establish and maintains a positive relationship with key community stakeholders.
- Work with the Branding and Communications team to create relevant recruitment materials and eNews communications.
- Conduct quarterly trainings for CAFB staff.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate Community Events and Volunteer Resources staff and interns.
- Develop and maintain rules and procedures for community events and volunteers and departmental activities.
- Provide excellence through superior customer service and stewardship.
Education, Experience, and Training
Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Major course work in Business, Economics or a related field preferred. Each year of experience as described below in excess of the required 5 - 7 years may be substituted for thirty semester hours from an accredited college or university on a year-for-year basis.
Five - seven year’s full-time, wage-earning experience in non-profit management.
Fundraising experience required.
Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge with providing effective training, supervision and delegation of others.
Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge™ database management software preferred.
Knowledge to organize and manage multiple projects, setting priorities and working independently under aggressive timelines.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Demonstrates good judgment and discretion.
Demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively with other Food Bank staff and volunteers.
Ability to represent the Food Bank in a professional manner under a variety of conditions.
Feeding America - 19 months ago