Community Health Alliance (CHA) is a nonprofit health insurer called a Consumer Oriented and Operated Health Plan (CO-OP). It is directed by its customers and is designed to offer affordable, consumer friendly and high quality health insurance options. In addition to improving consumer choice and health plan accountability, it also promotes integrated models of care.
Community Health Alliance (CHA) offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, group life and 401k match. We offer a positive working environment with a focus on health and wellness including incentives for healthy lifestyle activities and a generous time off package.
POSITION SUMMARY :
Accountable for working with the Director of Community Relations to implement community outreach programs including grass roots education and regional relationship management. This individual is responsible for securing and maintaining stakeholder support, including transparent relationships with brokers as well as ensuring adherence to federal/state contract requirements while promoting understanding of products and the mission of consumer directed health plans.
- Work with Director of Community Relations and Communications to carry out public education/community relations campaign
- Engage in recruitment, broker network development and reporting
- Identify opportunities to partner with local businesses, nonprofit and faith-based organizations to organize campaigns and other activities that will advance the mission of the CO-OP and improve the general health of members
- Make recommendations to achieve product improvements derived from market research/feedback
- Contribute to health plan’s identification and implementation of best practices and implements programs around stakeholder satisfaction and member retention
- Contributes to product development, to enhance membership development and forecast by product
- Represent the company in beneficial community activities
- Travel frequently (weekly) for outreach efforts and organizational commitments
- Establish and participate in a personal health improvement or maintenance plan, with measurable goals
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of relevant training and experience required
Valid and current insurance Life, Accident & Health producers’ license and/or the ability to attain one within one month of hire
3-5 years of community relations, sales and/or field marketing experience
Proven track record of developing and marketing community relations/public education programs
Excellent interpersonal communication and team working skills are a necessity
Ability to adapt quickly to an ever changing environment
Should enjoy working with people
Must have the ability to effectively speak to diverse audiences
Strong administrative skills and follow through
Experience with distribution of health insurance products through independent broker network preferred
Meet State requirements to legally operate a motor vehicle in the State of residence
Demonstrate a commitment to a Consumer Oriented and Operated Health Plan (CO-OP)
Community Health Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employees must submit to a pre-employment background check and drug test and may not be debarred, suspended, proposed for debarment, or declared ineligible to participate in Federal programs by HHS or another Federal agency.
Community Health Alliance - 30+ days ago
The Connecticut Hospital Association (CHA) has been dedicated to representing and serving Connecticut's hospitals since it was established...