POSITION OBJECTIVE: To provide support for all community & public relations activities in coordination with the Senior Management.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of community, faith-based, consumer, and public interest groups.
- Participate in professional networking by interacting with peers, influencers and attending events.
- Facilitate communication between community resources and internal departments to advance the cultivation of organization’s mission
- Present agency mission and awareness to community individuals and groups.
- Attend regular meetings for local community organizations to create collaborative initiatives to advance the mission of Community Based Care of Central Florida.
- Responsible for CBCCFL Board recruitment, training and retention, in coordination with Executive Directors and VPO.
- Responsible for Advisory Board management in coordination with the Executive Directors
- i.e. Ensuring completion of meeting minutes, distribution of meeting notices and documents; collecting Board Member applications and disseminating information as needed; and ensuring adherence to the organization’s Bylaws. Serves as the staff liaison for all advisory board activities and meetings.
- Ensures the coordination and dissemination of contact information for child welfare partnerships with Community Impact and Leadership Development
- Support all community event that advances the mission of the organization
- i.e. Annual Christmas Extravaganza, IL Wish List Project, Resource Fairs, Child Abuse Prevention Month Activities, Graduation ceremonies, Dental Conference, National Adoption Day, AOK Scholars Events, CREST Committee Activities, Staff Summit, Dental Day, etc.
- Coordinate all aspects of the CBCCFL summer camp programming ensuring maximum access and participation
- i.e. Identification of camp opportunities, determination of eligibility activities, ensuring applications processes, coordination with required fiscal obligations, collaboration with internal departments, CMA and other funders such as Foundation for Foster Children
- Supports the organization’s Speaker’s Bureau, newsletters and securing success stories for publications, speaking opportunities for CBCCFL Executive Directors and CBCCFL VPO.
- Maintain CBCCFL approved presentation tools to be utilized for community education and awareness.
- Participates in the agency strategic plan & quality improvement processes.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, & other federal, state, & local standards, including meeting qualitative & quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA & other federal, state, & local standards.
- Ability to comply with all personnel policies & procedures.
This list of functions is not intended to be exhaustive. The agency reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
- All other duties as needed by the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- 5 years of relevant experience in development, client relations, community, public relations or government relations
- Experience working with a non-profit, with child welfare organization.
- Preference given for candidates with degrees in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Entrepreneurship
- Effective leadership, management and planning skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Products
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be personable, articulate, and diplomatic and be skilled in communications and marketing.
- Excellent oral and motivation skills required.
- Demonstrated “self-starter” with a “roll-up your sleeves” approach.
- Demonstrated commitment to community collaboration.
- Ability to interpret and distill policy dealing with system of care.
- Demonstrate cultural and linguistic competence & sensitivity to population served
- Ability to travel
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Ability to update websites and maintain social media sites
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: (N=Needed P=Preferred)
- Thorough Background Screening upon hire including FBI, FDLE, Local Law check, Employment Reference check, DMV check, Criminal Records check, Social Security Trace & Drug Screening. FDLE check will be run at least every 5 years.
- On-call assignments- YES
- After hours activities as needed.
- Travel- local: 10% per week, long-distance: 5% per month
Analyzing ( N ), Bending-neck ( P ), Bending-waist ( P ), Calculations ( P ), Carrying/Lifting ( P ), Climbing ( P ), Crawling/Crouching ( P ), Finger Movements ( N ), Handling Objects ( N ), Kneeling ( P ), Pushing/Pulling ( P ), Reaching ( P ), Reading & Comprehending ( N ), Reasoning ( N ), Sitting ( P ), Squatting ( P ), Standing ( P ), Twisting-neck ( P ), Twisting-waist ( P ), Walking ( P ), Writing ( N )
POSITION STATUS: Exempt
1 = general direction, 2 = direction, 3 = general supervision, 4 = supervision, 5 = close supervision
Supervised by: Vice President of Operations – Child Welfare (3)
Community Based Care of Central Florida, Inc. - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard -