3 years of experience required
This position is responsible for developing, maintaining, and growing a network of repeat home and/or hospice care referral sources within an assigned territory.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Health Sciences related field preferred.
- Familiarity with general health care concepts and terminology.
- Evidence of successful track record in a field sales position.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Safe driving record.
- Auto Insurance.
- Major Credit Card.
- Professional appearance and dress.
- Working knowledge of hospice and/or home care business model.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State laws and regulations, including HIPAA, as they pertain to assigned responsibilities.
- Understand hospice and home care admission criteria.
- Competencies in MS Work, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Cell phone operation, including text messaging.
- LCD Operation.
- Class one Driving skills.
- Proper lifting technique.
- Excellent communication skills; oral, written and presentation.
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to adjust the message to audience as appropriate.
- Strong “closing" skills.
- Strong “needs assessment" skills.
- Professionalism with consistent ability to balance urgency and decisiveness with patience and compassion.
- Detail Oriented.
- Flexible style.
- Demonstrated initiative (self-starter).
- Ability to manage assigned responsibilities independently.
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and multi-task.
- Ability to effectively function in a team environment.
- Ability to influence others, including influencing without authority.
- Diplomacy in dealing with health care providers to resolve conflicts.
- Ability to organize records and information such that it is retrievable and legible.
- Discretion in managing proprietary information belonging to the Company.
- Willingness to protect and maintain Company property in good work order.
Minimum of three (3) years sales experience, preferably in a Hospice/Home Care/service industry.
Regular travel (daily) in all weather conditions.
Specific vision abilities: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and adjust focus.
Speaking clearly and listening (hearing).
Standing, sitting, walking, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
Reaching with hands and arms.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds
80% of the time. Some overnight travel may be required.
Customer’s offices, referral sources, The Company contacted facilities, client’s home and car throughout the work day.
Must be flexible to accommodate schedule changes, may require on-call rotation and travel to regional meetings. May also require work after normal business hours to accommodate referral/ clients needs. Eighty percent of schedule work hours must be in the field. Availability must begin by 8.00 am and continue to meet requirements of an eight hour day.
Hospice Advantage - 15 months ago