Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
The mission of the Community Relations department is to implement a community investment strategy that delivers maximum benefit to our customers and PG&E by ensuring that charitable giving and company sponsored events support key community needs and are aligned with strategic PG&E objectives, issues and relationships. Community Relations works to maximize the involvement of PG&E employees and retirees in the communities we are privileged to serve. The Community Relations organization is comprised of:
- Employee Engagement
- Outreach and Events
- Operations, Compliance, and Finance
- Sponsorship and Programs
The Senior Community Relations Specialist will manage internal and external communications and outreach for the Vice President, Community Relations. This individual will develop and maintain strong relationships and network with key Bay Area and statewide community organizations and internal PG&E partners, as well as manage a portfolio of signature community programs and develop a lifecycle of milestone events and communications opportunities to enhance visibility of PG&E’s engagement in the community.
- 7+ years of experience working in a community relations, media relations, government relations or public relations role; or working for an elected official, public or non-profit agency in an external-facing capacity
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Ability to identify organizations that align with the company’s interests to enhance an existing portfolio of relationships
- Ability to develop best practices with peers across the Corporate Affairs team and engage on community relations issues
- Ability to build coalitions of organizations with diverse interests and influence/advocate on behalf of the company for positive outcomes
- Ability to lead internal cross-functional teams in support of operational needs and company-wide issues beyond Corporate Affairs specific issues
- Ability to independently and effectively interact, brief, and influence company executives, community leaders, and elected officials
- Basic marketing skills which include an understanding of media markets and deploying traditional marketing and social marketing tactics
- Operational and charitable budget/financial acumen and abilities
- Independently design and manage community advisory group(s) on high impact issues to strengthen understanding of local community issues and opportunities.
- Lead planning and execution of multiple highly visible, highly complex, community events for new major programs that promote key PG&E partnerships and initiatives simultaneously. This includes recruiting, training and deploying employee volunteers for specific projects.
- Develop and execute localized communications/marketing/public outreach plans to enhance visibility of community/charitable sponsorships.
- Maintain open dialogue with local field teams to ensure they are aware and engaged.
- Support PG&E’s community stakeholder engagement strategy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company - 21 months ago
What motivates our workforce of 20,000? Simple: Knowing that 15 million Californians count on us to ensure instant access to energy, 24...