Coordinate ECC events and promotions as they pertain to community relations. Maintain extensive knowledge of community organizations and events; provide ongoing maintenance of community and media databases; provide media, communications and government relations support, as needed.
1. Maintain extensive knowledge of community organizations and events; proactively evaluate community sponsorship, engagement and involvement opportunities for the College and recommend participation, sponsorship and giveaway options.
2. Coordinate with the president's office in support of the Board of Trustees' community engagement goals.Assist with the development and execution of legislative affairs strategies. Conduct research, monitor issues, keep files up to date and support the board of trustees' legislative affairs goals, including state and federal lobby days.
3. Develop and execute event plans for institutional-level events. Prepare, manage and monitor event budgets; serve as site coordinator, as needed.
4. Responsible for ordering institutional giveaway items. Work with marketing department on ordering institutional giveaway items. Maintain inventory and execute distribution requests, as directed. Coordinate orders for institutional giveaway items.
5. Maintain detailed records and files on all community engagement and legislative affairs activities. Prepare informational materials and reports. Coordinate with internal stakeholders. Represent ECC throughout the community, as needed.
Essential Responsibilities Continued:
1. Perform other job-related duties as assigned which pertain to the job description.
Does Not Supervise
Light Work: Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Visual Acuity: Position requires close visual acuity to perform activities (i.e. preparing/analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer monitor; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines; using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes).
Work environment: Quiet conditions.
Environmental Conditions: Typical office or administrative conditions (i.e. not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Three (3) years of experience in public relations, public affairs, and/or communications.
3. Able to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
4. Able to think critically and problem solve.
5. Excellent research and organizational skills; able to track, manage and disseminate high volumes of information into appropriate documents and reports.
6. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite systems: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
7. Ability and willingness to work outside of normal business hours for select events and activities to meet the needs of the department.
8. Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software (i.e., Word, Excel and Outlook).
9. Strong presentation skills.
10. Strong oral and written communication skills.
1. Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university degree in public relations, communications, political science or public affairs.
2. Experience with event planning.
3. Bilingual (Spanish/English) speaker.
4. Knowledge of Elgin Community College District 509 communities.
5. Proficiency with Microsoft Access.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position is open until filled. This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.
Elgin Community College Support Staff of Elgin Community College Association (SSECCA) members that apply by 11/11/2013 and meet the posted minimum qualifications will receive full consideration.
Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions document for information related to the ECC Hiring Process and Applicant Tracking System.
Materials Required to Complete the Application Process for this Position:
Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Elgin Community College - 8 months ago