Join Our Mission! MHC Healthcare is hiring a Community Resource Coordinator with a proven track record that demonstrates a commitment in developing company branding, and creating special projects that “give-back” to our surrounding communities!
This special individual will need to be able to display the following qualities: outgoing, persuasive, articulate, team builder, and strategic! This position requires an enthusiastic communicator/public speaker, an excellent writer, and a savvy relationship-builder that can achieve set organizational goals. The ideal candidate will be a positive, motivating, and venturesome team member who truly enjoys phone and in-person cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, and thrives in a fundraising environment!
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
The Community Resource Coordinator (CRC) is responsible for the development, management and reporting for the MHC Ambassador (volunteer) program, the development of partnerships and collaborations with other social service agencies and the promotion and marketing of the MHC Healthcare organization. The CRC will report to and work in partnership with the Director of Special Projects in organizing and implementing special events and development projects. Duties include coordinating, monitoring, advertising, and reporting on programs and activities conducted at clinics, outreach and offsite events. Assigned duties are performed under the administrative supervision of the Director of Special Projects.
- Initiates and contributes to the planning, organizing and scheduling and monitoring of organizational programs, initiatives and special events.
- Manages Community Room Calendar and assures scheduling of external users and internal users is feasible and in accordance with usage guidelines.
- Coordinates collaborative activities with other departmental staff, outside groups, clubs, or other agencies for the purpose of providing activity information for the staff and public.
- Makes recommendations for new programs, activities, and/or special events which enhance, promote, and market department activities.
- Recruits, tracks and supports MHC Ambassador Program. Orients new members, directs activity of volunteers, and creates reports on hours logged, performance and project activity for all members of the program.
- Conducts primary research on needs in the community, collects data and survey information on industry practices and develops implementation plans for new initiatives.
- Reviews applications or other program documents independently or in conjunction with supervisor to determine acceptance or make decisions pertaining to program.
- Creates budgets for projects and tracks expenses of events to assure fiscal responsibility.
- Drafts, proofreads and sends letters, emails and other forms of written communications on behalf of the Office of Special Projects.
- Develops compiles and writes communications and promotional literature for distribution such as newsletters, brochures or flyers; coordinates process from development through printing and distribution.
- Organizes MHC staff and patients for participation in community walk, drives, initiatives which promote MHC Team Spirit and community connection.
- Maintains specific pages related o the Department of Special Projects, Development, Giving, and the MHC Home Page. The CRC will monitor and update the MHC website pages related to fundraising, marketing, and promotion and special events in concert with the MHC Website Committee.
- The CRC will update and post to the MHC Facebook page in accordance to MHC policy and protocols.
- Promotes, organizes, and stimulates a good working relationship with the community as a representative of MHC Healthcare.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Presents to public groups and special interest groups when Director is not available or when scheduling conflicts arise.
- Partners with the MHC Outreach Manager and MHC Department Directors to communicate relevant points on special projects and organizational initiatives.
- Serves on relevant committees as a MHC Healthcare representative (Marana Chamber Wellness Committee)
- Attends special events as MHC representative on weekends and in the evenings as needed.
- Develops and facilitates workshops, meetings or conferences; coordinates logistics, scheduling and participant communications.
- Applied knowledge in the use of MS Office Programs with emphasis on Excel, Word and Publisher.
- Applied knowledge in writing for public media platforms (press releases, websites, email blasts)
- Advanced experience in scheduling resources, persons and facilities for multiple users.
- Experienced in public speaking and promotion of message in both formal and informal arenas.
- Knowledge of budgeting and accounting principles.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Skill in organizing work of self and others.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree in field appropriate to area of assignment.(Business Administration, Marketing, Public Health Promotion) Two years administrative/coordinative program experience/sales OR, Six years of progressively responsible administrative coordinative program experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.
Marana Health Center - 10 months ago