Plans, develops, promotes, implements, manages and evaluates a large diversified community services program which includes recreational, cultural, non-credit educational, and special interest courses, activities, and events for a college.
Minimum Qualifications for Admittance to Exam
EDUCATION: Graduation from a recognized four-year college or university preferably with a major in recreation, business administration, education, or a closely related field.
EXPERIENCE: Four years of full-time paid experience with a diversified community recreational, cultural, educational or special interest oriented program which included extensive public involvement and entailed program development, promotion, implementation, coordination, and evaluation. Supervisory experience within this program is desirable.
A valid California class "C" driver’s license. Access to an automobile.
Knowledges, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Principles of accounting, budgetary preparation, cost analysis, and cash management and control
- Principles and techniques of public relations, advertising, and publicity
- Principles of business and personnel management
- Current trends in the design, implementation, and evaluation of community oriented programs and services
- Interests and needs of a wide variety of community members including minorities, the elderly, people with disabilities, and young people
- State and federal laws, rules and District administrative regulations and policies pertaining to community service and specially funded programs
- Program promotion and brochure development
- Principles and techniques of research
- Statistical analysis and presentation
- Community resources and organizations
- Educational and vocational advisory techniques
- Organization and management of files
- Principles of supervision and training
- Capabilities of computer software, systems, and hardware in the management of a community service program
- Independently formulate and manage a large multi-faceted community services program
- Develop innovative programs and services to meet diverse needs and interests of the community
- Establish realistic program goals and evaluate program results
- Analyze problems accurately and take appropriate action
- Collects and analyze data pertaining to programs
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with personnel of the District and representatives of the community
- Prepare clear, comprehensive and accurate reports, presentations, and publicity materials
- Effectively handle diverse interpersonal and inter-group relationships
- Supervise, train, and coordinate program personnel
- Develop and maintain an annual budget
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Learn specialized computer applications used in the management of community services programs
- Plans, develops, directs and evaluates a large diversified program of community services which includes recreational, cultural, non-credit educational and special interest courses, activities and events.
- Coordinates and/or participates in the collection and analysis of a variety of data related to community needs and interests and develops innovative programs and activities based on these analyses.
- Establishes operational policies and procedures of program.
- Coordinates community services projects and activities with existing programs and services.
- Develops and maintains the program budget.
- Establishes financial, staffing, facilities, and equipment requirements based on program needs, available resources, and profitability requirements.
- Establishes and maintains liaison with community leaders, community organizations, and public agencies to encourage participation and to stimulate interest in the college's community service programs.
- Attends and participates in professional conferences and meetings concerned with community services programs.
- Develops and conducts in-service training for community services program personnel.
- Recruits, interviews, selects, and supervises instructors and office personnel.
- Provides technical and professional expertise to college administrators on community services and related matters.
- Prepares news releases, catalogs, brochures, and public service announcements to promote program offerings.
- Prepares comprehensive reports and presentations related to community services.
- Negotiates and prepares contracts for the lease of various facilities.
- Supervises the maintenance of program files and records.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Los Angeles Community College District - 17 months ago