The Management Trust
POSITION TITLE: Community Services Officer (CSO), La Quinta, CA
Part-Time approximately 30 hours
Non-Exempt /Hourly Up to $12.00/hour DOE
The Management Trust, www.managementtrust.com, is a premier community association management company with 150 years of community management experience, which together bring a promise of innovation and industry leadership. That spirit is readily apparent in our status as the only 100% employee-owned company in the community management industry. We currently serve six states (AZ, CA, CO, NV, OR, WA) and are rapidly growing.
COMPANY CONFORMANCE STATEMENTS:
Within the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Acting under the direction of The Director Of Community Service Operations the Community Services Officer is responsible for roving patrol and various community event set-up and breakdown. Protects property from theft or damage, or persons from hazards or interference. Makes periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment. Preserves order and may enforce regulations pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Controls access to client facility through the admittance process; assists visitors with a legitimate need to gain entry to the facility, screens visitors and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the facility.
- Provides an atmosphere in which all client employees and visitors know that the client responds to and cares about their needs; provides a courteous, respectful and pleasant interaction with each client employee and visitor as perceived from their point of view; presents a good image of the client and its security department.
- Communicates in a manner that is open, honest and responsive in all situations; to the extent authorized, provides information regarding the facility and surrounding area as requested by visitors.
- Monitors entrances and exits; prevents unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking; operates a gate and examines vehicle contents; monitors remote entrances using closed circuit television; operates remote access devices; in a calm manner directs persons who cause a disturbance to leave the property.
- Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked ingress and egress, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons; inspects buildings and grounds using appropriate equipment and protective gear.
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations; sets up barriers and signage, and provides direction or information to others.
- Prepares logs or reports as required for post; writes or types reports or enters information in a computer using standard grammar; inspects security control logs and takes action as required.
- Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to client representatives, company management, life/safety personnel or public safety authorities as appropriate for the circumstances and/or as required by the post.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents or conditions following procedures established for post, by the company, or through training or certification.
- Assures that all property removal is conducted within appropriate policy requirements and in accord with client standards; identifies client products or materials among items carried by client employees or visitors.
- Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for the assigned post.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.; related experience preferred
- Strong leadership abilities and be comfortable with public speaking in small and large groups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide high-level customer service with astute attention to detail and organization.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form
- Ability to be an effective team member
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances
- Courteous telephone manner
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to provide high quality customer service
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures
- Must currently have a state of California BSIS Guard Card and certificates of training.
- Employee must obtain a guard card upon being hired
- Be at least twenty one (21) years of age
- Pass random drug test, if required on a company wide bases
- Be able to read and write English
- Pass a background check
- Shall be certified in CPR and First Aid at all times while employed
- Employee may be called upon to lift, move and/or carry objects that weigh up to forty-five (45) pounds.
- Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others
Military, security and/or law enforcement experience preferred - The CSO's are not armed.