To ensure that the day-day operations of Desert Breezes Community Services, Community Programs and Events, and business operations are implemented and provide an added value to the residents by building a unique sense of community and offering exceptional levels of customer service for Desert Breezes community. The primary job function will be implementation of programs and activities within the Community and the execution of the annual calendar of events. The Community Services Rep will also be called upon to assist with:
• Creation of the community newsletter
• Building relationships with the City and other local agencies and organizations
This is a part time weekend position (saturday and sundays) 7-2PM.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Conducts daily inspections of the facility and reports any maintenance needs to the Sports Park Manager.
• To plan, facilitate, implement and report upon Community events, programs and activities. Responsible for aspects of community relations and day-to-day resident contact.
• Updating the community website
• Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills so as to instill confidence in the residents that reside within the community as well as the public that may interact through designated volunteer programs.
• Ensure timely and accurate reports to Supervisor.
• The oversight and development of Community Programs, including but not limited to: quality assessment, contract negotiations, programmer recruiting, a participating member of the team that establishes all requirements for programming including but not limited to facility requirements, calendaring, risk management.
• Follows quality system procedures.
• Display a working knowledge of the various organizations that interact with the Community for the purposes of assisting with the implementation of new opportunities.
• Exercise budgetary knowledge and control for the purpose(s) of executing programs/events.
• Document all events and programs in the standard format as set forth in the community procedure manual.
• Be well spoken so as to instill confidence in the residents that live within the Community.
• Is committed to continual learning as evidenced by attendance at seminars and industry programs.
• Coordinate and implement large-scale community events and smaller neighborhood activities for the benefit of homeowners.
• Assist in the identification and creation of resources and alliances that may benefit the community.
• Implementation of stated priority goals and assistance with reports forwarded to the Board.
• Assist with other services at community facilities as needed. This may include opening/closing the building, responding to homeowner questions regarding architectural issues, assisting with room reservations, issuing access cards or any other service necessary to provide excellent, seamless service to homeowners.
• Assist with other duties as assigned by the General Manager related to providing service to our developer, builder or homeowner clients.
• Must have reliable transportation and be able to drive to other work locations.
• Type dictation from Community Management staff.
• Confirm meeting dates and time with Board members/changing if necessary.
• Must be active not only within the “team” concept, but also in companywide task forces.
• Handle all mail for team assignment; process any Federal Express or courier packages for Community Management staff.
• Issue outgoing faxes as needed.
• Maintain a three-day turnaround time (unless otherwise specified) of work on their desk. If problems arise in this respect, contact the supervisor to ensure the work gets back to the Community Management staff in a timely manner.
• If applicable, keep assigned printer full of paper and the area clean.
• Must be willing to take on additional responsibilities as workload demands.
• May be required to work overtime from time to time.
• When a Community Management staff member is on vacation, the Administrative Assistant will review mail on a daily basis and prioritize.
• Be prepared to take calls from board members and homeowners and attempt to assist them. If the Administrative Assistant does not have the information, inform the caller that they will work with staff to obtain the information.
• Support staff as requested to complete filing, administrative duties of board packet completion and sending appropriate documents to storage.
• Operate the parking stickers and pool key distribution for the accounts on the team.
• Coordinate and arrange for client and in-house meetings on behalf of the Community Management staff. This will include coordinating schedules and calling to confirm the meeting with all participants.
• Follows quality system procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Organizational, time management, prioritization, attention to detail and multi tasking skills, with the ability to implement, monitor progress, and track results.
• Strong communication skills (verbal, written).
• Public charisma and the ability to work with and motivate diverse groups of people.
• Demonstrates a commitment to ethics.
• Ability to comprehend and to communicate the Desert Breezes Vision of providing opportunities for neighbors to connect in a social environment to enhance community association living.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
• Must be able to work independently and prioritize daily workload. Friendly, charismatic personality and ability to get along with a diverse community population
• Must possess strong customer service skills.
• Must be able to handle the pressure of the position and meeting deadlines.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Applications, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Must have reliable transportation, a valid CA Drivers License and state mandated vehicle insurance in order to be able to drive to other work locations and run errands.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
College degree preferred, or equivalent experience of 2-3 years experience in the coordination
and/or management of community or non-profit volunteer programs, event management or client service industry.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid California driver’s license and state mandated vehicle insurance.
MERIT Property Management, Inc - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard