SUMMARY: Operates semi truck and trailer, transporting products for Seaboard Foods, as well as backhauling a variety of products and/or goods. Operates CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) semi with routes across the U.S. Adheres to all company and DOT safety rules, regulations and observes state and city speed and safety regulations and company customer service and safety policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned at management’s discretion.
- Performs job assignments as directed by Supervisor (Dispatcher).
- Must meet all DOT requirements and comply with DOT rules and regulations.
- Drives and operates multiple axle truck and semi-trailer combinations equipped with on-board recorders.
- Complies with all company policies, processes and procedures. Complies with all state and federal regulations. Completes required paperwork accurately and timely.
- Report maintenance issues with equipment; reports accidents immediately to Supervisor.
- Some loading and/or unloading materials may be required.
- Inspects (pre-trip) equipment before every run to ensure all mechanical, safety and emergency components are in good working order. Maintains vehicle service and repairs as needed.
- Builds and maintains professional relationships with internal and external customers, and performs job courteously and respectfully.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the work environment, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as listed below.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or technical school education preferred; or one to three-months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Seaboard Foods - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Seaboard Foods is one big pork project, but taxpayers should take heart -- the government has nothing to do with it. A subsidiary of...