Contributes to the development of new techniques and plans within area of expertise. Actively participates in setting area objectives to meet plans. Influences others through their professional/technical expertise.
- Creates comprehensive test plans that include resource requirements, schedule assumptions, and scope based on inputs from Development, Marketing, and System Test Management. This may include coordinating test plans across multiple test organizations and facilities.
- Develops test tools and automation for use in testing.
- Oversees the execution and reports the results of test execution on new hardware, software, and solutions products. This may include reporting on coordinated test execution across multiple test organizations.
- Provides leadership in area of expertise.
Presents facts and information to negotiate mutually acceptable solutions. Delegates clearly and comfortably.
- Works with minimal direction on abstract and complex problems requiring evaluation of intangible variables.
- Anticipates technical and operational issues and develops preventative measures.
- Adapts communication techniques for audiences.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and to execute with minimal supervision
- Storage background including knowledge of SANs and storage management concepts desired
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong Java programming skills desired
- Understanding of hardware and software system architecture
- Hardware and software system performance experience
- Experience using IOMeter to measure system performance desired
- Strong knowledge of Fiber Channel, iSCSI, and SAS technology
- Experience configuring hardware – servers, switches, HBAs, and SANs
About Dell Inc.:
- Opportunity to work with a strong brand at one of the world's largest IT solutions providers
- Dynamic, challenging, international work environment
- A team with a high level of energy, integrity and motivation to win
- Exciting internal career opportunities
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Competitive compensation including bonus plans & a great benefit package
- An individual professional development plan
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering solutions that make a real difference in people’s lives? Where teams are constantly curious and different perspectives and experiences are valued? At Dell, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
Dell offers a competitive Salary and Bonus plan as well as a great Benefit Package.
For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com.
Dell - 12 months ago
Dell Inc. (Dell) is a technology company that designs, develops, manufactures, markets, sells, and supports a range of products. Its product...