Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services company with more than $113.5 billion in owned and managed assets, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 23,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked 100 Best Companies to Work For by Fortune in 2012 , we are recognized for the superior service we provide to our members, and the exemplary work environment we provide for our employees. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity . These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking talented Compensation Advisor for our San Antonio, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Works collaboratively with cross-functional teams to design, develop, implement and administer compensation programs. Works directly with line of business management team to provide compensation solutions (Executive and/or Non-Executive) covering a wide range of pay issues including job structure and salary range development, base pay administration, and pay guidance. Works under moderate supervision. Performs moderately complex work assignments and problem resolution within a single function and/or CoSA. Participates in the development and implementation of business solutions as a team resource.
- May collaborate with management on organizational design and pay structures, performance management practices, and total rewards strategies to ensure market competitiveness.
- Assists with design, development, implementation and administration of enterprise-wide or CoSA-specific compensation programs (Executive and/or Non-Executive)including job structure design, pay practices and policies.
- With direction and guidance, may serve as compensation consultant to assigned CoSA or program, providing guidance, oversight, and communication on existing pay policies, strategies and bonus plans.
- Serves as team member on Compensation projects and initiatives impacting enterprise-wide pay plans and policies.
- May coordinate with PS Operations for development and implementation of systems which support compensation programs.
- May conduct training on compensation-related topics which continually educates management and employees on enterprise policies and compensation philosophy/practices to ensure appropriate performance, and pay decisions, and compliance with legal standards.
- With direction and guidance, may analyze and indentify organizational trends and benchmarks industry practices to address compensation issues, and recommend appropriate action.
- Acquires and applies maturing knowledge of relevant human resources discipline(s). Resolves issues and identifies appropriate issues for escalation.
- Bachelors' degree or 6 years equivalent work experience in Compensation or analytics within a client facing environment.
- 2+ years relevant work experience in the compensation discipline, general business consulting/analysis experience or business management experience to include basic knowledge of relevant compensation law.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and other software to be used to develop analysis, charts, and/or supporting documentation (i.e. Excel, Powerpoint, and Access).
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
- CCP/PHR or SPHR.
- Knowledge of Survey Library Management programs.
- 4+ years relevant work experience in one or more human resource disciplines.
- Significant (4+ years) internal client facing and consultative experience.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Percentage of Travel:
Less than 25%
8:00am - 5:00pm
FOR OUR VETERANS:
Did you know USAA has numerous career opportunities that don’t require corporate experience? If you’re...