Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides support to the organization’s field operations staff, Human Resources, management, and assigned field and/or international management on resolving compensation issues.
- Conduct job evaluations and analysis for existing and proposed new jobs as requested to resolve compensation and classification issues; research comparable market pay rates to assess relationship to Company compensation plan; prepare and present classification, salary, grade and range change recommendations.
- Applies market pricing methodology in grading jobs for external competitiveness by evaluating jobs based on the content of the job and various salary survey sources ensuing that all relevant factors have been addressed
- Conduct market salary surveys; collect and analyze market data and maintain salary survey data library; determine competitive position of Company salary range structure; develop/present recommendations for annual structure and budget adjustments to maintain internal and external equity in pay plans.
- Administer and analyze incentive compensation programs; assist in the development of proposed new incentive programs and preparation of plan documents; develop communication materials to assure continued success of incentive plan programs; and provide input on plan changes to assure incentive plans support business objectives.
- Communicate, analyze, and make recommendations on compensation policies and procedures to appropriate personnel; researches and responds to inquiries.
- Creates ad-hoc reports from systems/databases as necessary.
This position does not have formal supervision responsibilities.
Responsibility Scope/Impact (only applies to job families and field positions)
- Level I works under the direct supervision of management to prepare and summarize basic compensation data. Minimum of 0-2 years compensation analysis experience or equivalent, with working knowledge of compensation terminology and practices.
- Level II works under the general supervision of management or more senior analysts to prepare and summarize basic compensation data. Minimum of 2-4 years compensation analysis experience or equivalent, with working knowledge of compensation terminology and practices.
- Level llI works independently on most routine compensation tasks to prepare, research, and summarize more complex compensation issues. Minimum of 5 years compensation analysis experience, or equivalent with an in-depth knowledge of compensation terminology and practices.
Qualifications (may vary by level)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years in compensation or related experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A proven proficiency in job description preparation, job evaluation, market analysis, and annual compensation planning required.
- Prior coursework or completion of CCP designation preferred
- Some exposure to HRIS and PC applications necessary.
- Good oral and written communication skills required.
- A proven ability to effectively interface with all levels of management necessary.
Minimal travel is required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job, which may vary, based on job location, department or the assignment. The actual essential duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary by location, department, reporting structure or other business needs. No inference should be drawn that a specific job duty, responsibility or qualification is non-essential by its absence from this description.
Avis Budget Group - 13 months ago
Whether you're a business traveler on an expense account or a family on vacation counting every penny, Avis Budget Group has a car rental...