The Compensation Analyst is responsible for maintaining and administering the CareOregon and affiliated company’s compensation policies and programs to best achieve the organization's business objectives and provide a strong competitive positioning. Such programs include job evaluation, survey participation and analysis, base salary administration, grading/classification systems, incentive plans and reward and recognition programs. In addition, the person in this position ensures that the compensation needs of the company are met by advising the Human Resources Manager and management on various compensation issues.
Essential Position Functions
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Recommend and maintain policies and procedures for compensation related programs
- Work collaboratively with internal business partners to facilitate all compensation processes and wage and salary administration including new hire offers, job classification and career ladders
- In partnership with Managers, develop, write, edit, and maintain companywide job descriptions in a standardized form
- Evaluate existing and proposed jobs and classify them within the organizational compensation structure based on internal equity and market based comparables
- Maintain documentation, databases and related tables for job descriptions, job codes, and job families
- Maintain the integrity of position and salary data and compensation transactions through accurate data entry, monitoring
- Audit jobs and incumbent pay for content and equity and recommend corrective or alternative actions to resolve compensation related problems
- Audit data for compliance with federal, state and/or federal laws and regulations and company policy and procedures
- Analyze market data for annual salary adjustments and as needed for new or revised positions.
- Prepare analyses of salary range movement and adjustment recommendations.
- Participate in salary surveys and utilize survey data to perform analysis of information to determine competitive compensation levels, predictions for market changes in salary ranges and pay practices
- Participate in the communication and implementation of various components of a company's pay program which might include base pay, bonuses, incentives and recognition programs
- Apply regulatory guidelines for compensation related issues
- Ensure company compliance with federal and state wage laws, including reporting requirements.
- May assist with special studies and recommendations such as incentive compensation, rewards and bonuses
- Collaborate with coworkers to ensure smooth flow of information within Human Resources
- Maintain confidentiality and exercises discretion in discussing compensation issues with management and employees
- Assist with the development of reports for executive compensation
- Conduct data collection and analysis for special projects
- Generate reports on a regular and ad-hoc basis
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge of and the ability to apply labor laws and regulations that impact compensation and related issues such as Equal Pay Act, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Knowledge of compensation principles, practices, standards and methods and processes for collecting, analyzing, interpreting and reporting data
Demonstrated understanding and the ability to apply salary survey and job evaluation methodology Ability to maintain and apply current knowledge of trends and best practices relative to the position and share best practice knowledge with colleagues and customers
Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Strong problem solving and analytical skills; ability to create accurate work product and assess it for reasonability
Demonstrated ability to be a self starter, work under pressure with frequent interruptions and comfortable working in an environment with rapidly shifting priorities
Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and project a positive and professional business image
Ability to educate, give concise information and directions
Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels in the organization
Ability to provide excellent service to internal and external customers and vendors
Ability to negotiate favorable outcomes
Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills Must be proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and HRIS systems
Education and/or Experience
Position requires a minimum of 2 years of compensation analysis experience or any combination of training and experience which provides the ability to perform the essential functions of this position. Preference may be given for Certification in Compensation (CCP) or working towards CCP; and experience in the health care industry.
The person in this position will be working with confidential employee and applicant files and is expected to maintain confidentiality of these files and other employee information. The person in this position will have frequent telephone and person-to-person interactions with internal and external customers and must be able to respond to requests and/or questions in a timely and professional manner. This person in this position will be expected to possess a high degree of initiative and motivation along with the ability to effectively collaborate and plan with coworkers and others. This position requires an individual to sit for long periods of time using a computer.
Personal computer, calculator and other standard office equipment for recording, storing and presenting information.
Position may close at any time. EEO
CareOregon, Inc. - 19 months ago
Analyst Programmer 3
Portland State University
Portland State University
- 3 days ago
Trial Court Administrator 5
Judicial Department - State Courts
State of Oregon
- 4 days ago
Con-way Enterprise Service
Con-way Enterprise Service
- 6 days ago