As a member of the Corporate Human Resources team, the primary objective for this position is to provide analytical, administrative and technical support to the compensation function in support of the company’s compensation initiatives.
The Compensation Analyst is responsible for administering compensation programs, evaluating and analyzing salary data, performing job evaluations, performing data audits, determining pay grades, and participating in compensation surveys in support of the company’s compensation initiatives. The Compensation Analyst provides guidance to the HR Business Partners and manages and/or assists with special projects on an as needed basis.
• Manage day-to-day administration of compensation programs, including job evaluations, providing client support, running reports for management and providing support for ad hoc projects;
• Develop and execute administrative processes required to support the annual salary review and incentive plan process;
• Maintain accurate information and materials on the company intranet;
• Assist in the implementation and communication of new compensation programs;
• Provide guidance to HR Business Partners on compensation matters to ensure internal equity and ongoing integrity of the salary administration function;
• Assist the Director, Compensation with the design, implementation and administration of innovative compensation programs and policies and ensure that all plans are compliant with state and federal laws;
• Conduct job evaluations to determine proper classification and salary grade;
• Audit existing or proposed jobs to obtain ensure compliance with FLSA laws;
• Maintain system job codes, salary structures and related information within HRIS system;
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in compensation in a corporate environment, participating in and analyzing data from salary surveys and performing job evaluations
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop effective relationships and partnerships with HR team and business partners at all levels within and outside the organization
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong customer/client orientation
• Must possess strong Excel skills;
• Must possess strong analytical skills and attention to detail;
• Ability to facilitate discussions to resolve issues and obtain consensus;
• A self-starter with initiative to drive projects and transactions to conclusion;
• Must be proactive and able to work independently without direct supervision;
• Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment;
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize work and able to work on many tasks concurrently;
• Compensation certification is a plus
• Total Rewards and/or Benefits experience is a plus
• Direct experience with FLSA reclassifications is a plus
Cengage Learning is an equal opportunity employer, committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
CengageCareers Account Login
If you do not remember your password click here .
Back to Search Results
Cengage Learning - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Cengage Learning is a leading educational content, technology, and services company for the higher education and K-12, professional and...