Provides a full range of compensation analysis and program administration services including salary administration, incentive pay, job classification and evaluation, job description development and performance management. Participates in compensation surveys, and collects, prepares and analyzes internal and external data.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: (Essential Functions)
- Participates in the development and administration of the mid-year and annual performance review program in accordance with our compensation program and salary administration guidelines by performing the following tasks: confirms eligibility, pulls and prepares data for summary forms, creates, maintains and distributes summary forms to managers, provides support to managers with questions or submission of data, creates reports to provide to compensation committee for approval process and uploads merit increases into payroll database.
- Participates in third-party compensation surveys to obtain current data for job evaluations to ensure the company’s competitiveness in the market place; compiles, analyzes and evaluates survey data to recommend range adjustments and individual job salary ranges; matches survey jobs and makes recommendations to HRIS/Compensation Manager.
- Evaluates existing positions and newly created positions to recommend placement in the appropriate salary grade based on competitive market data and company structure; conducts exemption testing for compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Assists managers in developing and writing job descriptions from job questionnaires, interviews with position incumbents and discussion with incumbent’s supervisor and/or manager. Responsible for maintaining job description database by ensuring all job descriptions are on the standard template and are updated when needed.
- Assists with the tracking and administration of the corporate Profit Incentive Plan and other special payments such as the year end bonus.
- Perform annual submission of the EEO-1 report and the MD Traffic Mitigation Report.
Other Functions and Responsibilities
- Provides support to managers and HR department concerning interpretation of compensation practices and guidelines and responding to requests about salaries, job grades, ranges structures and classifications
- Provides analytical and administrative support and assistance with day to day work activities and achievements of annual HR initiatives.
- Any other function in which the HRIS/Compensation Manager determines essential to the performance of this job.
Job Specifications: ( Knowledge, skills and abilities normally required for competent performance in the job.)
- General knowledge of compensation techniques, practices and standards, compensation surveys, statistical analysis and wage and hour state and federal laws.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing with associates on all levels.
- Must be able to prioritize projects to meet deadlines and have attention to detail.
- 3-5 years experience in analysis, design and the administration of compensation programs.
- Advanced skills in Excel and Word are required.
- Experience working with ADP a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Working toward CCP certification a plus.
Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking and standing and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling and balancing.
Frequent use of eye, hand, finger coordination enabling the use of office computer.
Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
David's Bridal - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
At David’s Bridal, we are committed to making dreams come true by offering consistently outstanding service to every...