Jackson National Life Insurance Company® ("Jackson®") has an opening for a
. Jackson is one of the nation's largest and fastest growing financial services companies, with over $100 billion in total assets. We offer a range of retirement products and services including variable, fixed and fixed index annuities. Please visit our website at
for more information.
The Compensation Analyst is responsible for the administration of compensation programs and processes, which include salary administration and incentive pay plans. The Analyst will configure and maintain the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) to manage compensation processes such as bonus and merit reviews. Primary responsibilities include analyzing compensation data, providing pay recommendations, conducting salary surveys, and performing job evaluations (e.g. creating/editing job descriptions, performing job analysis, evaluating market pricing data, etc.). In addition, the Compensation Analyst assists with other compensation processes and projects as required.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
merit, bonus, etc.).
- Responsible for administration of assigned compensation processes (e.g.
- Extracts survey data from salary surveys to provide appropriate market
- Responsible for the preparing salary survey data for the annual survey
and scope of analysis required.
- Consults with clients to discuss issues and needs; determines the purpose
- Evaluates jobs; conducts analysis to identify and evaluate position purpose
- Creates/edits job descriptions and analyzes internal equity and external
makes pay recommendations.
- Determines exemption status, identifies appropriate salary bands, and
annual compensation activities.
- Assures that the HRIS is configured correctly and maintained to support
- Reviews pay transactions; follows up on issues and resolves as necessary.
- Produces reports and analyses on various compensation initiatives.
- Evaluates and implements compensation policies and procedures.
- Assists with additional system implementations and other projects as
- Maintains salary survey library.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong analytical and mathematical aptitude, with a high level of attention to
proper grammar and punctuation.
- Solid organization, prioritization, multi-tasking, and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to use
- Excellent customer service orientation with high-level consulting ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and collaboratively to
Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Ability to take initiative and manage projects from start to finish.
- Ability to learn and develop compensation processes and programs.
- Basic knowledge of compensation practices and applicable laws such as the
reporting in HR information systems.
- Strong software application/system skills; spreadsheets, databases and
Education and Experience
Jackson offers an outstanding benefits package including competitive pay, bonuses, comprehensive health insurance benefits, a 401(k) retirement plan with matching, and a college tuition reimbursement program for employees and eligible dependents.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 2 or more years of Human Resources experience preferred
Online applications requested. Contact
for alternate formats for accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Company facilities and campuses are tobacco-free environments.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Jackson National Life Insurance
Feb 11, 2013, 11:17:50 AM
Jackson National Life Insurance Company, a subsidiary of UK insurer Prudential plc, offers financial services (fixed, indexed, and variable...