Life Technologies has an opportunity available for a Compensation Analyst, located in Carlsbad, CA.
Support the development, administration and communication of the Company’s compensation programs, performance management programs, and incentive and equity programs. As part of the Human Resources team this position partners with the business units by providing data, analysis and recommendations to determine appropriate position grading, structure adjustments, merit budgets, incentive and equity eligibility levels and performance management objectives.
· Manage compensation programs and processes in the role of compensation partner for assigned organizations. Programs may include the annual salary planning process, reward and recognition programs, pay adjustment processes, job evaluation processes, etc. Processes may include leveling positions, approving out of guidelines compensation decisions, developing and applying compensation metrics, etc.
· Manage all surveys globally for the company. Partner with local compensation team members to ensure surveys meet local requirements.
· Analyze salary survey data and market trends and make recommendations to management regarding individual and organizational salary adjustments, merit budgets, structure adjustments and incentive and equity eligibility levels.
· Perform various scenario analyses and present to management as requested.
· Manage salary ranges globally, working with local compensation team members as needed.
· Maintain the job evaluation system tracking band placement decisions over time.
· Monitor, maintain and interpret policies and procedures related to compensation administration and performance management. Support the application and interpretation of these policies.
· Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or other related discipline, or the equivalent knowledge and experience is required.
· Professional certification (CCP) and experience designing and administering equity programs a plus.
Requires a minimum of 5 years relevant professional level experience in Human Resources or Finance with an emphasis in compensation.
· Demonstrated experience in the administration of base pay, incentive and/or equity programs.
· Knowledge of compensation theory and practice and knowledge of state and federal compensation laws and regulations required.
- Computer literacy required, including all MS Office Functions; knowledge of Workday or similar human capital software a plus.
Life Technologies - 14 months ago