Basic Function: Under the direction of the Director – Compensation responsible for analyzing, maintaining and processing compensation program elements in support of company initiatives and organizational needs. The analyst is accountable for competitive analysis, program scenario modeling, monitoring of business unit compensation, program administration and support of properly communicated compensation programs.
70% - Administer compensation processes/programs and ensure compliance
• Consult with all levels of associates in the organization in support of the administration of company compensation programs and processes.
• Works closely with HR Generalists and HRIS team to monitor and ensure compliance, and lead the compensation function portion of the different process in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
• Plan, develop and execute the annual merit increase and bonus programs for the different business units.
• Assist with the design, cost/benefit analysis and communication of compensation programs in proposal and rollout stage.
• Develop and maintain job documentation through personal interviews and questionnaire analysis, job evaluation, survey participation, salary administration and special studies to ensure market competitiveness and internal and external equity.
• Produce compensation recommendations based on analysis, total compensation approach, and market research.
• Participate in job evaluation and market pricing activities by conducting and participating in salary surveys, pricing requisitions and performing other research and analysis.
• Write and/or update procedures and other documentation (including comp manuals)
(30%) - Perform Research and analysis
• Perform market research and statistical analysis in job evaluation, pricing, slotting (including FLSA), and titling, including support of requisition and offer process.
• Assist with the design and cost/benefit analysis of compensation programs / proposals.
• Recommend job range, titling, and slotting in accordance with company programs and competitive position.
(10%) - Conduct special compensation studies and projects as required
• Conduct analysis, spot surveys, research and development of modifications to Compensation programs as needed to support organizational needs.
• 2 to 3 years compensation analysis experience and understanding of compensation philosophies
• Experience building financial models for cost benefit analysis of compensation and/or benefit plans a plus.
• Strong organization and communication skills.
• Ability to plan and manage independent project work.
• OracleHR or Peoplesoft desirable
• Bachelors Degree
• Strong MS Access skills (Queries, Forms, Reports)
• Excel Skills (Pivot Tables, Lookups, Complex Formulas)
Michaels Stores is crafty. The nation's #1 arts and crafts retailer owns and operates about 1,075 Michaels Stores across the US and Canada....