Bachelors degree is required
1-2 years experience is required
Provide compensation support including preparing ad hoc reports and moderately complex spreadsheets, responding to salary surveys, and writing job descriptions. Conduct analyses, write proposals, plan implementation, and provide maintenance for competitive, cost effective, and legally compliant compensation programs.
1. Respond to standard salary surveys. Keep abreast of new compensation surveys and tools available. Maintain accurate records of survey submissions and costs.
2. Write new and revised job descriptions. Assures that quality information is collected and is in compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, the Joint Commission, and internal standards. Maintains a tracking system to ensure completion of all job descriptions in a timely manner.
3. Review salary survey results and download or transcribe data into spreadsheet format. Analyze Presence's statistical performance against stated market objectives for base, peripheral, and variable pay programs. Assist the Senior Compensation Analyst in the development of the annual salary structure for each ministry. Stay abreast of pay practices among positions covered by collective bargaining agreements and provide data for use in negotiation process.
4. Evaluate new and revised positions based on a market comparison of similar positions, internal job value comparison of positions within the ministry and across the system, and conformance to collective bargaining agreement, if applicable. Recommend titles, pay range assignments, and FLSA exemption status to System Director, Compensation. Recommend actual pay for incumbents within position, cost out solutions as needed, and provide appropriate communication and follow through of approved implementation.
5. Assist in the determination of pay rates for new hires, lateral transfers, promotions, and demotions. Analyze requested changes and apply appropriate compensation policy, considering internal equity among incumbents in the same job. Recommend pay changes to System Director, Compensation. Documents any action taken.
6. Advise HR staff and counsel management personnel on all aspects of compensation policy and administration.
7. Maintain accurate electronic and hardcopy records of all job- and pay-related studies, survey participation, and job descriptions, ensuring that records are organized for accuracy and easy access.
8. Perform data entry for new jobs and job changes into personnel/payroll system to reflect current compensation policies and practices. Ensure that the payroll records for incumbents in any jobs are coded according to the current job specifications in master job records.
9. Runs scheduled reports and downloads data from personnel/payroll system and imports into spreadsheet or database applications for departmental use.
10. Represent Compensation's interests as a participant in major projects, including the conversion of new support systems, payroll issues, common annual review programs, etc. Analyze requests for compensation reports (employee demographics, position, and pay) and assist with definition and specifications. Coordinate production between IS and end-users.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Accounting, Finance, or Business or a related field
- One year of compensation, benefits, HRIS, or related experience, preferably in a large healthcare setting
- MUST have Microsoft Access Experience - Please note on resume.
- PREFERRED: Masters degree in Human Resources, Accounting, Finance, or Business or a related field