Safeway Inc., a Fortune 100 Company, is one of the largest food and drug retailers in North America with 1,700+ stores. The Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S. and Canada.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
Our Compensation Department is growing, and we have several openings. We are currently looking for Compensation Analysts and Sr. Compensation Analysts to develop, design, implement, administer, and maintain the organization's compensation programs. You will provide consultation to HR and line managers within assigned client groups on Safeway’s compensation policies and philosophy. These positions are located in Pleasanton, California.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develops strong partnerships and provides broad consultation to HR team and assigned business unit line management; identifies and resolves compensation issues ensuring quality service and responsiveness.
• Formulates ongoing recommendations regarding development of salary structures, FLSA exemptions, job documentation, organizational structure, job leveling guides, etc. and conducts detailed market pricing and ad hoc reviews/analysis based on business need.
• Responsible for the execution of annual merit and bonus programs. Using seasoned project management skills, leads one or more cyclical projects throughout the year and manages/leverages technology tools that support the processes, ensuring maximum efficiency for both compensation and the end user. Conducts thorough post implementation reviews following major projects/cyclical processes.
• Recommends course of action for pay related inquiries based on thorough internal and external analysis. Reviews current and prospective jobs for content to ensure proper leveling based on relative internal and external scope.
• Short term incentive plans: provide support for new plans or revisions to existing plans including design, metrics review, communications and technology implications.
• Prepares survey submissions to collect and analyze competitive salary information in order to benchmark Safeway’s competitive market.
• Researches and develops compensation structures, plan improvements, processes and administrative guidelines. Develops cost models for approval and implementation.
• Develops and administers bonus plan programs, including the technology solutions and automation tools for implementation and payment.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent successful work experience
• 2-6 years of compensation experience, including base salary, bonus plan design and administration in a multi-unit, geographically diverse organization.
• Certification as Compensation Professional (CCP) is preferred (or course work towards completion)
• Strong MS Office: PowerPoint and Word skills. Advanced MS Excel skills in financial, spreadsheet modeling; mid-level Access skills required.
• Knowledgeable of compensation technology and automation tools to develop bonus plan programs and to facilitate continuous process improvements. .
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, both quantitative and qualitative.
• Strong collaboration/commitment to successful teamwork in working with peers on projects and day to day assignments, including HR Business partners and other internal departments.
• Demonstrated Project Management abilities to lead projects from concept to implementation
• Must possess creative abilities to generate new approaches to problems and innovative solutions
• Highly effective oral and written communication skills
• Plans, organizes schedules in an efficient and productive manner -focusing in key priorities
• Demonstrates initiative and sense of urgency in finding ways to resourcefully overcome challenges and re-stimulate projects
• Possesses utmost integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
For many Americans, "going to Safeway" is synonymous with "going to the grocery store." Safeway is one of North...