The Analyst works collaboratively with the Client Delivery Teams, Client Relationship Managers and other Associates within the Firm to support the initiatives of the Firm. The qualified individual will be responsible for the following:
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Conducting research to understand industry and organization-specific issues, including financial information, compensation and rewards and corporate performance.
- Researching, gathering and analyzing data to determine the appropriate salary level and job title for existing and proposed positions.
- Conducting market pricing, assisting in peer group selection, survey analyses, interpreting salary data, financial modeling and special research projects.
- Assisting with report or proposal writing as it relates to describing and summarizing project objectives, methodologies, analysis and results as well as proofing for accuracy.
- Participating in appropriate Client Delivery Team meetings to understand team and Client initiatives.
- Responding to Client-related requests, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field, ideally with an emphasis in finance, economics, statistics, mathematics, accounting or health care administration.
- One to two years of business-related experience is required, preferably involving data analysis, financial modeling and presentation design.
- Experience working within a consulting- compensation- or health care-related firm is preferred.
- Solid technical knowledge and experience working with Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Basic programming experience is a plus.
- Strong critical thinking skills and the following abilities:
- Gather, analyze and organize data using a logical and systematic process.
- Ascertain relevant and irrelevant data when conducting analytical work.
- Visualize and articulate problems and concepts in a systematic manner.
- Recognize patterns and issues in sets of data.
- Identify obstacles impeding project progression.
- Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly language and tailor communications, formal or informal, to the audience.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and writing skills are required.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to successfully assist with project deliverables in a very driven and changing organization.
- Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to work under tight deadlines or changing needs.
- Confidence and ability to work independently as well as in a team structure.
- Exceptional employee service orientation.
- Capable of working in a group as a strong team player.
- High level of self-motivation.
- Intellectual curiosity, seeking opportunities to develop new skills.
Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. - 17 months ago